CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

Question about cornsnake

Old 12-25-2017, 04:58 PM   #1
gusanr14
Question about cornsnake

Hello,
I am trying to get my first snake pet and I am doing lot of research.
I just had question about owner's experience of cornsnakes. I know that they move a lot, at least more than ball pythons do which I am also considering to get. Are any of your corn snakes calm and stay at your hand? or do all corn snakes regardless of if they are handled well, always move around when being handled.
Thanks!

Old 12-25-2017, 06:13 PM   #2
Karl_Mcknight
Corn snakes (and most other snakes too for that matter) can be quite squirmy as babies. But once they get used to you and a bit older, they will usually be quite calm. My corn snake will sit for hours at a time wrapped around my neck or arm, and not even move.

If you're looking for a pet snake that is calm, then a Corn snake or Ball Python are 2 of the best.

Some king snakes, Especially Milk snakes, are extremely fast and can get away from you when you least expect it.

A Corn snake is usually considered "A Beginner Snake."

Old 12-25-2017, 08:27 PM   #3
Em.Mo.Clark
From what I understand, as a corn snake reaches adulthood, it is usually less squirmy and active. I have a 7 month old corn and he's not too active when being held. He will go through my fingers and such, but not very quickly. As for if corn snakes are calm, once they get used to being handled and understand that it's safe, all corn snakes I've handled have been very calm unless threatened or startled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google