• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Do people have other hobbies?

MegF.

That's for sale???
What are some of your other hobbies....besides snakes I mean (I know, there's something else?).

I have horses, like to fly airplanes, read, play the Bluegrass Fiddle and Mandolin, and if I get the chance, sail.

Other hobbies huh........

Well, when I get time, enjoy shooting sports and firearms. Hunting, fishing, camping and hiking. My son is very active in Boy Scouts so I assist with troop activities when possible.

Besides snakes...the main 2 things:

I'm a genealogy geek. I love to rummage through old records looking for more info about my (and my husband's) family.

I also love photography, though I haven't had time to take many photos lately.

Meg... I can't play the mandolin, though I'm trying to learn. My dad makes mandolins for a living and I finally convinced him to make me one. I was actually named after a mandolin: Amanda Lynne

hum........
I love basketball, photo taking (of snakes...only) , RC racing, and love my sleeps...:D

When I saw that you had posted, Simon, I just had to see what other hobbies you had. I just couldn't believe that you had time for anything else with all that work and so many snakes too!

I'll bet the one thing you enjoy but get the least of is SLEEP! ;)

I play guitar and sing in a Oldtime Gospel group, Snow Ski, field collect snakes (mostly with a camera these days) and fish. I'm thinking about getting a motorcycle since I can't seem to do enough bodily harm skiing. ;)

Snakes are definately #1 but after that i would have to say I like to draw/paint, go fishing, take pictures(mainly with my SLR camera-i suck at digital photography...) and I also enjoy breeding mice ;) for both food, temperment, and color.

other hobbies

Well, I also keep some aqautic turtles a tortoise and some bearded dragons but I guess you could link them in with the snakes as a general herp hobby.
But something I have done all of my life and will do as long as I am able is FISHING.
I love fishing. Trout fishing, bream fishing, crappie fishing, catfish fishing, deep sea fishing and my favorite bass fishing.
I don't know if you would call it a hobby but I also love reading.
Three places I never have enough money....
Reptile shows
tackle stores
and book stores
Jimmy

Other than keeping snakes I love...

Drawing- fantasy/comic book style, reading, writing stories, photography, learning guitar, and watching cheesy horror flicks with my boyfriend :D

when i'm not working (which is usually rare) I am either on my motorcycle scaring old ladies and small children, or tending to my saltwater reef fish tank.

I forgot about fishing and hunting Clint. Love those too. My husband and I also shoot competitively in trap, and in Cowboy Action Shooting.

CAS is sooooo much fun! I've never joined but I did go shoot with my Dad a few times. This was one of his guns:
trapper

I've got it now and plan on keeping it firing!

You should go. It's a blast. My hubby got me two matched Colt 38-40's for Christmas one year. I have an original Winchester 1894 in 38-40 and shoot a Remington double barrel 12 gauge for the shotgun. It's a lot of fun, and the people are great. Just like the people on this forum!! By the way, nice little carbine. What's the caliber....38/357?

The Trapper is a .45 colt. My son has Dad's Vaquero, it's also .45 colt.

You have an original model 94 38-40? What year manufacture? I bet that's a blast! And matching Colts, dang....
I just bought a 1949 model 94 .32 special. It's the one in the middle.
94s

Very nice guns Clint! I also have a .32 special, talk about a nice shooting gun. Although I don't have pics of mine, as I can see I'll have to do! Although since my favorite shotgun is camo'ed you might not be able to see it;) I did just pick up a S&W 357 model 66, my very first handgun. And I'll tell you it won't be my last. I have been pondering something smaller and lighter that I could "carry".

Oh as for me other than snakes, I am an avid hunter. I enjoy every aspect of the sport. As of late my favorite has become waterfowl hunting. Which I can't wait until fall comes agian to get back out over the decoys. And this season I'm gonna try lay out hunting, which looks and sounds like so much fun. That reminds me I better start sucking up to Lee now so he remembers he invited me. I am actually headed down to Arkansas duck hunting in late December, which should be a blast....OK that's me:D

I haven't done much hunting in way of waterfowl. Usually it's dove. I'd love to do some deer hunting, but our deer are small out here. I guess it would be o.k. though, as my deer rifle is in .270. Not a huge caliber, but very accurate. I have a varmint gun in .243 too. My Winchester is an 1894, manufactured in that year. If I get a chance, I'll post a pic.

WOW...I didn't realize I missed hunting until reading your posts. I haven't been in about 20 years...since I was a teenager. I may have to get back into it once I am out of school (and can afford a gun).

I like to draw, do crafts, sports, camping. Basically, there's not much I won't try, and I enjoy most things!

Clint Boyer said:
When I saw that you had posted, Simon, I just had to see what other hobbies you had. I just couldn't believe that you had time for anything else with all that work and so many snakes too!

I'll bet the one thing you enjoy but get the least of is SLEEP! ;)

LOL....yeah I know....
sucks to be me...trust me...
and I love and enjoy my sleeps so much.....they're definately the best part of my day~~

LOL...it's 6am now and I just got off my 'work' (was cleaning up cages and had a little net meeting in HK)

so better get to bed (and I am still up on the internet...geeze..) have to get up and get to work at 8....so better sleep now~ told you I love my sleeping time~

With a full time job, being the mother of a 6 yr old and a 4 yr old, and my snakes, I don't have much time for any other hobbies. I used to enjoy drawing, but haven't had the time since the children were born. Every once in awhile, I like to play a game on the PS2, but that doesn't happen very often. I guess my next best hobby is this forum since I get to visit it at least once a week.

Back