CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Member Forums > Rich Z's Blatherings
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Rich Z's Blatherings Since Connie and I have retired the SerpenCo business, topics here will focus on topics of a more personal and general nature.

Growing up....

Old 07-20-2017, 07:09 PM   #1
Rich Z
Growing up....

Now that I am getting up there in years, I guess I should think about growing more mature and quit it with the sports car stuff. Perhaps a nice sedate SUV would be the ticket....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9W1_CFqq3ig

Old 07-20-2017, 09:07 PM   #2
Twolunger
Well if Connie is insisting on an SUV you can make a deal. LOL.

Old 07-20-2017, 09:52 PM   #3
Rich Z
I would probably have some trouble getting her to let loose of the steering wheel so I could drive it sometime.....

Old 07-21-2017, 12:20 AM   #4
Twolunger
I hate to admit this, but I bought a '63 Corvette split window coupe when I got out of the army. It was a sweet ride, but I got caught up in the hype about the new Stingray in 1968 and traded in the 63. I wasn't happy with the performance of the 350 engine, so traded that Stingray for the new '69 427 convertible with factory sidepipes. When I got married I sold the Vette and bought a family sedan. I've kicked myself so many times over the years for getting rid of the 63 & 69 that I dislocated my right knee.

Old 07-21-2017, 12:22 AM   #5
Rich Z
That '63 would likely be worth some real pocket change right now. Especially if it was all original.

Old 07-21-2017, 10:14 AM   #6
DLena
Yes, Grampa, you get that SUV!

Old 07-21-2017, 01:01 PM   #7
Twolunger
The '63 was all original. It was a 327 4 speed in Sebring Silver with black interior. It can make a grown man cry to see them going through the televised auctions for big bucks. I got $1,800 for it on trade-in and thought it was a good deal. Sure wish I could have predicted the future. LOL. Believe it or not, when I bought the '69 427 convertible the price was only $5,250.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google