CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Photography Techniques and Equipment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Photography Techniques and Equipment This forum is for the discussion of technical details of how to take good pictures as well as discuss the equipment used in that pursuit.

Capturing shots with younger corns

Old 11-04-2013, 12:48 PM   #11
hypnoctopus
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxfox426 View Post
That is such a cute picture! Nice color for the backdrop, too.

Old 11-04-2013, 12:54 PM   #12
maxfox426
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypnoctopus View Post
That is such a cute picture! Nice color for the backdrop, too.
Aww. Thanks. It's a really old picture, back when I first brought Reggie (my first corn) home. The camera was brand new then, too. I could probably do better now that I've had a lot more practice, but that photo shoot is still one of my favorites. (Another picture from that shoot is actually still my computer's wallpaper image. lol)

And I still use that martini glass.

Old 11-04-2013, 12:54 PM   #13
ShelbyScott
Maxfox426 I love your martini glass idea! I'll have to find one

Old 11-04-2013, 12:59 PM   #14
maxfox426
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyScott View Post
Maxfox426 I love your martini glass idea! I'll have to find one
You can find them at almost any craft store, usually in the floral section (near the vases). That's where I found mine, anyway. Good luck!

Old 11-16-2013, 12:56 PM   #15
TheFrogman
I have seen some discussion about Macro Settings here and I am having issues with Macro, I have a Fujifilm FINEPIX SL1000 Series with 50X Optical Zoom, Its has a Macro and a Super Macro setting, when I try to use either settings my pics come out blurry. I have better luck with just enlarging with my photo editor, anyone have a hint, suggestion or advise for me on Macro?

Old 11-17-2013, 02:09 AM   #16
ShelbyScott
Definitely not macro. Try "Micro." It is usually pictured on a camera as a flower. It is used for taking up-close pictures, like flowers, bugs, small objects, etc. When you use this setting, it focuses on tiny details and makes them sharp and clear. You should be able to see every tiny scale on your snake! Good luck!

Old 11-27-2013, 02:52 AM   #17
Buzzbee
I'm now going through the contents of my glass cupboard for future photo shoots ;D

Old 12-07-2013, 12:10 PM   #18
Merkavich
I'd like to show off my new babies but I'm having a heck of a time because of lighting >< I'm trying to get their true colours, but hasn't been easy. Will keep trying lol...

Old 12-07-2013, 01:20 PM   #19
Nanci
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFrogman View Post
I have seen some discussion about Macro Settings here and I am having issues with Macro, I have a Fujifilm FINEPIX SL1000 Series with 50X Optical Zoom, Its has a Macro and a Super Macro setting, when I try to use either settings my pics come out blurry. I have better luck with just enlarging with my photo editor, anyone have a hint, suggestion or advise for me on Macro?
Your camera has a minimum focal distance for Macro, probably something in the 2"-4" range. Look that up, and don't get closer than that. Then- do you have autofocus? Like, hold the shutter button down halfway till it focuses, then shoot??

Okay, here are your focal distances:

Macro
Wide : Approx. 7cm - 3.0m / 2.7in. - 9.8ft.
Telephoto : Approx. 3.5m - 5.0m /11.8ft - 16.4ft

Super Macro
Wide : Approx. 1cm - 1.0m / 0.3in. - 3.2ft.

Old 12-07-2013, 01:22 PM   #20
Nanci
I'd try the multi-focus auto focus. So then shoot when it puts a good number of squares over the actual snake. Maybe just try the Flower auto setting??

Practice with something snake-sized, but inanimate, first.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google