• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Double Feeding Before Trip?

SmittenKitten

I have a corn snake that is currently on fuzzies and I was wondering if I should feed him 2 fuzzies before I go on vacation. I’ll be gone about 12 days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How much does your snake weigh?
I'd probably go with normal food size. You don't want to feed too much and risk a regurge.

Not necessary. Corns can go a long time without eating, assuming he's in good condition right now. He will be glad to see you when you return from vacation with another fuzzy though.

Not necessary. Corns can go a long time without eating, assuming he's in good condition right now. He will be glad to see you when you return from vacation with another fuzzy though.

Exactly!

When I'm going to be gone for more than just an overnight, I feed the snakes 5-7 days before I leave, so they will be done digesting in plenty of time so I can shut off the UTH or rack heat before I go. It's a fire hazard. It is while you're home, too, but hopefully if anything were to happen you'd have a chance to catch it.

Lol yeah, I am notorious for not changing water daily. It shouldn't be a problem to leave the same water in there for a few days.

Hi I think 12 days is a long time without fresh water
Water goes off
Surly someone can pop in and change the water maybe every 2 days
If I lived near I would do it
Pat

On the water, I have both their normal water dishes filled and then I add one of those reptile reservoirs with the water bottle on it to each enclosure. If I’m going for more than a weekend, I have a friend check in on them. A second large water bowl serves the same function as the reservoir. I don’t change my water daily either. I do check daily and wash the bowls thoroughly when changing. They stay clean unless pooped in.

Back