CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions This is a "none of the above" forum. All posts should still be related to cornsnakes in one form or another, but some slight off topic posting is fine.

corn snake is growing

Old 03-27-2018, 09:48 PM   #1
corn_snake_lover
corn snake is growing

hi guys i never realized that when i bought my corn snake at petsmart i had it maybe 1 month old if that i later found out that petsmart sells there hers very young but aside from that when i first got her i gave her the pinkie and she will just grab it and eat it this last couple of feeds specially this last one she did a full coil like wow it was awesome and i handle my snake afterwards she had a piece of aspen stuck to her mouth and shes very used to me now from now and on im going to have to feed her outside of her tank as shes more agressive towards the food lol also i bough her large pinkies my snake is not big enough for fuzzies but i got her the large pinkies online which are the same weight as 2 small pinkies you buy at the pet store i been feeding her 1 large and 1 small every week im trying for my snake to put some weight and its working shes lot more active as well sometimes is good to have a snake from a baby im pretty sure my snake knows who i am and always looks at me when i enter the room lol just wanted to share that.

Old 03-28-2018, 11:25 AM   #2
Patmart
Hi
I always feed my 2 corns outside of the viv I’ve got a feed box the the reason you’ve said with the aspen
And I enjoy the interaction with them
Pat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Old 03-28-2018, 09:59 PM   #3
corn_snake_lover
cool

ya the reason i was feeding inside her tank i would put a napkin and she will just eat it there but now shes more aggressive towards her food and i was afraid that she would regugitate if i handle her afterwards but she doesnt feel threaten at all so im going to try that also my snake is been burrowed since yesterday i guess when i took the aspen from the mouth it hurt but shell get over it ill take her out on friday and check up on her

Old 03-29-2018, 03:14 AM   #4
Patmart
Mine have never regurgitate what I do when is when they’ve finished I open the box and they come out to me
Then I gently put them back in the viv
Good luck
Pat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 03-29-2018, 04:28 PM   #5
DollysMom
Frankly, most corn snakes will eat just about anywhere with no problems. I usually use a feeding tub, but have also fed mine in their enclosures, especially when I've been sick and warming a mouse was more than enough effort.

A healthy, acclimated corn snake will do fine with the brief and gentle transfer if you feed outside the enclosure. If you are concerned about substrate on the mouse in the enclosure, make sure the mouse is dry or serve it on some kind of plate or plastic lid.

Old 03-30-2018, 04:50 PM   #6
corn_snake_lover
my orn snake is up and about now

i checked on my snake today and shes happy again lol i'm sure shes glad i took the piece of aspen from the mouth tomorrow is time for hes small pinkie so i will feed it outside this time.

Old 04-14-2018, 07:57 PM   #7
DeuceRon
Glad she's doing good! My little guy had a piece of aspen in his mouth as well during the first feeding. The last three feedings have been while he was up in his tree with no aspen around.

For now, I'm only going to put him in another tank when I clean his.

Old 04-15-2018, 05:52 AM   #8
Patmart
I always feed my 2 outside the viv in a feed box
That works for me
Pat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 04-15-2018, 11:40 AM   #9
corn_snake_lover
i find with my snake don't have to put it in another tank i just feed her on my bed and put the pinky on a towel as she grows i can do the same,also my snake is going on her 2nd shed now its been 6 weeks her eyes are cloudy ill say this thursday she will shed, i learned from last time i take her out every 2nd day to warm her up because she just stays in the cold side and she seems to appreciate that.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google