• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

New 10 year old corn is super lazy / sleepy

MatCat

I picked up a 10 year old female last week, she is an absolute sweet heart, ate right away for me with plenty of gusto, isn't hidey, but she is super sleepy / lazy, if I take her out she will just sleep on my neck / arm / hands and do very little exploring. Anyone seen corns like this? Otherwise she seems super healthy.

Yeah, I had one like that years ago. Wound up selling it to a guy who thought there was something wrong with the snake and wanted to return it. The snake was just a puppy dog and not a damn thing wrong with it. I tell you, I really HATED retail sales and some of the jokers we had to deal with.

Yeah, I had one like that years ago. Wound up selling it to a guy who thought there was something wrong with the snake and wanted to return it. The snake was just a puppy dog and not a damn thing wrong with it. I tell you, I really HATED retail sales and some of the jokers we had to deal with.
Whats funny to me about it, is the woman I got her from said she couldn't take care of her properly cause she was too bitey to go in and clean or handle, this snake hasn't even postured at me, let alone bite, she really is just a puppy dog of a snake. Even yesterday when I took her out, she was in her log and did NOT want to come out, but she never got defensive at me trying to convince her to come out of the log :).

I don't know her well enough yet to tell if she is going in blue yet, her eyes are normal so I can't really tell, though she is spending a bit of time in her humid hide :).

It has been my experience that many times when a snake goes in blue, it becomes MORE agitated and defensive because of it's vision being clouded.

I used to hate it when I would flip over a board or sheet tin and an opaque black racer was underneath. Actually had some of those suckers chase me, striking the entire time. I would have to wait for them to tire themselves out before I could grab them and toss them up into a tree so I could make my escape.

LOL, never know what you will get when you go herping :p I actually really want to go herping down at Lake Tahoe (I live on a mountain in NV just above Tahoe), I want to find a rubber boa down there :). Not many other snakes in the area besides some king snakes and rattlers, so a pretty horrible area for snakes.

I'm guessing personality. Mine is very similar. She does adventure onto my art table to check out everything; and a new thing is turning herself into a belt. 95% of time when I have her out she's in my hoodie or in my hair.
1f3464c87710b953b766ae0d87d40612.jpg

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

LOL cute :p Actually I am pretty sure mine did end up going in shed, she has been in her humid box for 3 days now, she apperently came out last night to crap and went right back in :p I am going to crack the lid on her humid box today and look and see if her eyes went blue.

Yeah I just cleaned out the poop and checked on her, she isn't fully blue yet but her eyes are starting to cloud and I can see in her skin the dullness of shed, she did NOT want to be held, she didn't get defensive, but she was super squirmy wanting to get off me lol :) So I put her back in to not stress her out much, what are the odds both my snakes go into blue at the same time lol.

:hair_on_fire::hair_on_fire:
It has been my experience that many times when a snake goes in blue, it becomes MORE agitated and defensive because of it's vision being clouded.

I used to hate it when I would flip over a board or sheet tin and an opaque black racer was underneath. Actually had some of those suckers chase me, striking the entire time. I would have to wait for them to tire themselves out before I could grab them and toss them up into a tree so I could make my escape.

Rich, I started laughing out loud when I read your post above picturing you :roflmao:running from a black racer in the woods.

:hair_on_fire::hair_on_fire:

Rich, I started laughing out loud when I read your post above picturing you :roflmao:running from a black racer in the woods.

It happened more times than I care to admit. :eek:

I'm not real fond of black racers, as a result.

Back