• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Super Bashful Noodle

spacetiger110

I have had Rocky for about six weeks now and literally never see him outside of removing him from his hides for feeding and handling. When I handle him, after the first couple of minutes he calms right down and seems pretty comfortable with me. I recently stopped using a light in his viv (40 watt LED for light only, not heat)and have just been using the lighting in the room for his light cycle. I was hoping this would help him come out more often, but have not seen any results so far. He is currently going through regurge protocol, so he is being fed in the viv and not being handled.
Is he just bashful? Will I ever see him cruising his viv at dusk? Is this cause for concern? He is at least four months old, as the feeding chart from the pet store said he came into the store in July. He's 22g and about 22" long.

I think he might just need time. Not all snakes are the same: some will come out and climb your hands as hatchlings, most calm down over the first year, and some are just hiders and never come out unless in private.
He's still pretty young and probably had a lot of stress due to regurge and him arriving at a new home, so he may take a bit longer to calm down. Just keep on handling him and I guess he will start coming out on his own in time. Let him do his thing and have patience, he's pretty young.

Of course, start handling him again once he recovers from regurge, first take your time to make him healthy again!

Back