CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Photography Techniques and Equipment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Photography Techniques and Equipment This forum is for the discussion of technical details of how to take good pictures as well as discuss the equipment used in that pursuit.

Canon 1200 D DSLR (T5, T6)

Old 09-11-2016, 08:12 PM   #41
Karl_Mcknight
Red Sky at Morning, Sailor take warning........

I was out this morning before sunrise. The Sun was not yet over the Horizon but it was shining its light on the clouds overhead.

This is a Hand held shot of the Red Sky with manual focus and settings

I was at 100mm on my focal length (I wish I had the wide angle lens on at the time but I didn't)

ISO - 400, F10, Shutter 1/50

It's not really spectacular, but I still think it's a cool picture.

Old 09-11-2016, 09:16 PM   #42
DollysMom
Beautiful! Almost looks like a painting.

Old 09-12-2016, 10:38 AM   #43
Karl_Mcknight
♪♪♫ Smoke on the Water...... ♪♪♫

Actually it's steam or fog.

We've been hovering around the high 90's, Low 100's daytime and the Low to Mid 80's night time now for about 3 months. After strong storms and a cold front, we woke this morning to 52 degrees in Franklin Tennessee. This is the coolest it's been in a while. It felt good to go out walking this morning, and I caught the warm lake water evaporating into the cold air above.

All of these pictures are hand held, 70mm focal length, manually focused, and manually exposed. My Chosen ISO was 400.

Old 09-12-2016, 10:42 AM   #44
Karl_Mcknight
No, this is "Not" Jerry Mathers ..........

This is "The Beaver"

I spotted him (her?) swimming along the bank this morning so I followed and the critter crawled out of the water right in front of me and proceeded to strip bark from a tree. "Yummy!"

All shots are Hand Held, Manually focused, and Manually exposed. My Focal Lengths vary from about 100 to 200 mm, and my chosen ISO was 400.

Old 09-12-2016, 10:46 AM   #45
Karl_Mcknight
Silhouettes anyone?

The sun was so bright, this Great Blue Herron is silhouetted in the picture.

Once again, Hand Held, and everything set manually.

Old 09-12-2016, 01:41 PM   #46
DollysMom
Nice Karl. So many cool wildlife and nature photos. Yep, that fog forms when cooler air moves over warmer water. Beautiful!

Old 09-13-2016, 09:39 AM   #47
Karl_Mcknight
Why did the Chicken cross the road.........

Ahh, but the real question why did the Turkey do it?

The answer is obvious, "To rejoin the rest of the Flock."

All hand held, manual focus, manual settings, 100mm focal.

Old 09-14-2016, 12:01 PM   #48
Karl_Mcknight
More from Radnor Wildlife Refuge

Pic 1 - I got a picture a few days ago of a Blue Herron in bright sun and it was Silhouetted. Today's picture also featuring a blue Herron in bright sun but from a different angle, and you can actually see more detail of the bird.

Pic 2 - This is another picture of one of the many Beavers living on the lake.

Pic 3 - A Chippy Chipmunk posed briefly for this picture. Actually I don't think he knew I was there. As soon as I moved, he bolted.

All pics were taken with the Canon T5 (1200D) Hand Held, manual focus and settings. Lens was 70 to 300mm.

Old 09-14-2016, 02:05 PM   #49
DollysMom
Well done Karl! Beautiful nature shots. I have to travel to see things like that, or more accurately see things like that in the wild. I live less than a mile from the entrance to Brookfield Zoo. Somehow it's not the same thing.

Old 09-14-2016, 03:55 PM   #50
Karl_Mcknight
well this is almost like a zoo. Yes, they are wild animals, but it's also a Wildlife Refuge and somehow the animals Know that we Humans can not touch them or hurt them, so they have no problem tolerating us.

A lot of people come here to walk, jog, ride bikes, get exercise, or just enjoy the scenery. A few people like myself bring cameras.

The Deer and Turkeys will literally walk right up to you. There are Otters, Beavers, Birds of all types, Raccoons, and everything else you can imagine.

They are very strict out here and the Game Wardens and Park Police keep a watchful eye. You can't so much as Pick a Flower without being fined. You're not allowed to get in the water. You can't stray from designated trails and roadways.

It seems interesting to photograph so many different animals in one location, but I have to tell you it's really quite easy when the animals walk right up to you and strike a pose for the camera.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google