• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Arrgh! I've been faked out!

Kat

I'm talkin' to YOU.
I thought my snow motley was gravid (she was large enough), but it'd been two and a half weeks since her supposed pre-lay shed, and no eggs. I put a male in with her on a lark, and he started chasing her around. I quickly swapped in the male I really wanted her paired with, and they bred. Darnit... now I've got to wait even longer for her offspring...

She bred the middle of April last year too, though without brumation... I guess this might wind up being a trend with her. I'll have to wait and see...

Looks like I won't be getting any amels th snow bloodred motley until the middle of July this year.

-Kat

Oh, Kat, you poor thing!

Kat
I really feel bad that you are just now getting your snow motley to breed!;) Actually, I just paired all my breeders tonight, myself; and am amazed at how you showed pics of eggs before I had mated a pair:eek: . I always brumate around Thanksgiving, break them out on Valentine's day (so they'll be in the mood for love) and breed them on my birthday (today, April 18th). It works out well, for the most part, but I wish I had saleable babies before August. I make sure babies have two sheds and no regurges before I pass any on, so I'm usually shipping the last few with heat packs! You have got it made. I'd love to get your dates and schedules. If you don't want to post, please Email me, I plan on cooling them down earlier this winter than in the past. I had just tried to go with the local corn weather (minus the cold snaps.)
BTW, don't feel bad; my screaming bright bestest Okeetee female would have nothing to do with either of her suitors tonight :( . She actually bit a male BACK! Appears to be gravid, too. Been feeding her like a horse since warming her up. Put her back in her cage and she even rattled at me, ate two mice, and is now in her hide.:cool: She's a huge Okeetee I NEED two clutches from this year... I guess you can't hurry love...........

IIRC I started cooling them down mid-October and brought them out in December... Or did I bring them out in January? Ugh... my memory is rather flaky lately... too much stuff going on. Aaaaanyway... goodluck with your pairings.

HI ALL

This year i stopped feeding

mid october,placed them in cool room december 1st and warmed them up again march 1st.

My normals mated march 29th,iplaced the egg laying box in yesterday (april 17th) and this morning she shed (eggs soon i hope).

I placed the normal male in with the female snow last night (for the fifth time) but this time they went straight at it (she didnt want to know on previous attempts).

I will be keeping my fingers crossed for all of you(and myself),

GOOD LUCK AND FERTILE EGGS ALL.,,,,,STEVE

Look at it this way. With most people rushing these days to have the first hatchlings of the year, when everyone else is out you'll have plenty. I haven't bred any of mine yet and wont until it's consistantly warm outside. I don't have hatchlings until August or September, no big deal.

Back