CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

How do you feel about God.

Old 11-22-2011, 12:11 AM   #31
Holly12
Quote:
Originally Posted by runninghorsespirit View Post
she was just stating what she thought. after all was it not you that said I just wanted everyone's thoughts? Honestly my thoughts are 2.37 a thought thank you
Yes I wanted everyone thoughts on how they feel about God not about my miss spelling lol okay.

Old 11-22-2011, 12:13 AM   #32
AliCat37
Lol I saw an ad on craigslist that was selling "two corn snacks" So I had called snakes snacks for a long time as a joke, such a difficult habit to break xD

Old 11-22-2011, 12:27 AM   #33
schnebbles
Well, a larger snake might just consider them snacks, lol!

I would want someone to tell me if I had a type

As far as God, I believe in that that I cannot see With all my heart!

But I don't think snakes are Satan!

Old 11-22-2011, 12:57 AM   #34
ZoologyGirl
I like turtles.

Old 11-22-2011, 01:17 AM   #35
schnebbles
turtles rock! I love those huge tortoises too, one at the zoo was so happy when I petted under his chin on his neck. I always go out of my way to rescue a turtle on the road

Old 11-22-2011, 01:41 AM   #36
AliCat37
AHHH I LOVE TORTOISES. I can't say I am a huge fan of turtles, but I do love my torties Maybe one day I will get one, but it would have to be a rescue since they live so long.

Old 11-22-2011, 01:48 AM   #37
TalonaCat
I didn't see a single person here who was being rude. The trick is establishing humor from actuality. It takes some time.

Old 11-22-2011, 01:55 AM   #38
kathylove
Over the years here, I have seen some GREAT religious discussions - and some that were not so great, lol! Although you are not likely to change somebody's mind if they are quite sure of what they believe, it IS very possible to help promote understanding of diverse opinions, and promote respect for that diversity. Those with very closely held opinions on the subject may find it difficult to understand why anyone could believe any differently than themselves, since it seems SO obvious to them. Maybe civil discourse can prove that it is reasonable for others to believe differently, and that we can agree to disagree.

For myself, I am open to proof either way, and I have not seen what I consider proof yet. I believe that if there is a God in the usual, omnipotent sense most believe in, then he/she/it would be a logical being. And that God would not have given humans the ability to use logic, but then demand that they believe in God by a leap of faith, without using that logic to question the faith. I believe that if there is a God of the type most believe in, then he/she/it will eventually reveal itself to me - now or later. But for now, I am still awaiting proof with an open mind. I guess that makes me agnostic.

Old 11-22-2011, 02:24 AM   #39
ceduke
I just found out that the spot on my kitten's back is called "The thumbprint of God" and is considered to be good luck. I think that's pretty cool.

Old 11-22-2011, 09:23 AM   #40
razrbak
I simply do not have enough faith to believe there is no God. To know the complexities of all life, down to the simplest forms and believe that it was all a random occurance that cannot be backed by scientific means, my simple ways cannot concieve the lack of a creator. When I walk through the woods, see a sunset/sunrise, a rainbow, the way things work together and turn out, I cannot find any proof that God does not exist.
Given that, it is bibically clear that God desires for us to seek him and live by a certain standard towards him and one another.
We are all given the choice, God will not make anyone "believe/love him"... and in our ends, God will honor our decision.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google