CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

Getting tired of it...

Old 01-16-2007, 11:19 PM   #41
cornspot
If there's a post that is annoying, I just skip it. There's enough great information on here still & if people stopped resonding to the annoying stuff then the posts wouldn't grow and escalate into REALLY annoying posts.

Old 01-16-2007, 11:30 PM   #42
zwyatt
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyflier
Well, Zwyatt...just off the top of my head--
Whether or not that was off the top of your head or it actually took you 50 minutes to compose...I do not know. But I will give you the benefit of the doubt.

I give you a pat on the back for actually completing the task. However, it's hardly necessary that I point out that you yourself say that most of your citations were cases where the inflammatory responses were received some what deservingly. Not to mention that several of them were the result of the same incendiary individual (jdizzy/pcs), so I can hardly count them as isolated incidences.

Still, I see your point and can partially understand your concern regarding the escalation of the questionable comments. The whole thing is still just thin ice for me.

And feel free to call me Zach, if you're inclined to do so

Old 01-16-2007, 11:32 PM   #43
CMLReptiles
I've been trying soooo hard to stay out of this...

But Elle, I just can't help it anymore thanks to you.

You being banned from the other forum stems from you being banned from chat. Your being banned from chat stems from comments you made privately to a moderator. The comments led said mod to question your motives, thus banning you from chat to prevent an incident. Further comments/actions by you, proved said mod was correct in being wary of you, and led to the banning from the forum, again, before trouble was caused.

Many of the people I've talked to are looking for the other forum to be slightly more controlled, and less troll-populated. A big complaint since the chat thread is a lack of moderation here, and the complaints in this thread about "not feeling like home" and constant personal attacks are something that forum is trying to avoid. Because of this goal, you were banned. You're known to cause trouble, and are not well liked. I have no problems with you, and have had many great times chatting with you. However, your reaction and constant references to an "elitist group" show unmeasurable immaturity. It's an internet forum...move on!

And as for the whole "elitist group" thing...the fact that I'm a member disproves that whole theory. I'm a somewhat-nice guy, who has a few corns but mostly boids. So kinda hard to make that claim. Plus, I know of a few other people who are members there who I highly doubt anybody would refer to as an "elitist" to their face.

Old 01-16-2007, 11:39 PM   #44
jazzgeek
As we continue to cite our links for what personally constitutes an "annoying thread", and as we continue to request said links for "proof" of the contention that's been going on as of late, guess what happens?

This thread will morph into an annoying, contentious thread.

By the way, I'm a huge fan of irony.

regards,
jazz

Old 01-16-2007, 11:41 PM   #45
CMLReptiles
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to jazzgeek again.

Old 01-16-2007, 11:42 PM   #46
Tula_Montage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMLReptiles
I've been trying soooo hard to stay out of this...

But Elle, I just can't help it anymore thanks to you.

You being banned from the other forum stems from you being banned from chat. Your being banned from chat stems from comments you made privately to a moderator. The comments led said mod to question your motives, thus banning you from chat to prevent an incident. Further comments/actions by you, proved said mod was correct in being wary of you, and led to the banning from the forum, again, before trouble was caused.

Many of the people I've talked to are looking for the other forum to be slightly more controlled, and less troll-populated. A big complaint since the chat thread is a lack of moderation here, and the complaints in this thread about "not feeling like home" and constant personal attacks are something that forum is trying to avoid. Because of this goal, you were banned. You're known to cause trouble, and are not well liked. I have no problems with you, and have had many great times chatting with you. However, your reaction and constant references to an "elitist group" show unmeasurable immaturity. It's an internet forum...move on!

And as for the whole "elitist group" thing...the fact that I'm a member disproves that whole theory. I'm a somewhat-nice guy, who has a few corns but mostly boids. So kinda hard to make that claim. Plus, I know of a few other people who are members there who I highly doubt anybody would refer to as an "elitist" to their face.
WELL Chris I'll tell you what actually started it.

I acquired chat logs. And in them was some pretty disgusting stuff you guys had been saying about me. I took it upon myself to confront those people individually. Of which one was Carlos. And of course nobody crosses him and supposedly gets away with it. So I'm banned.

Then I join the forum to see what its all about - I enjoyed the small amount of information I read and pictures I saw. I was not rude or toll-ish. I did not join to cause any sort of trouble and honestly didn't think my presence would be so badly received... Really thats something that should be ignored and got over as you put it. I would have kept quiet, changed my user name or some other BS If I was there to cause trouble (Just as you said).

I'm more than happy to stay at this little humble abode - its far less frigid.

Old 01-16-2007, 11:43 PM   #47
cornsnakekid92
My $.02, like it or not.
I have been a member of this forums for a while, not from the start but for over 2 years. I have been here longer then some of the members you consider "the greats" which just proves my point. I feel that this forums has a VERY diffrent feel from when i joined. When i started the i would say that most users here were <30 years old. When i came here i was really too young and immature and i clashed with some members. It seems that now the majority of them members are younger and are from a different generation. I think that the thread quality has gone down and so has formalness.I think that it is just that with all the young members we speak different and just act different and are not as formal and so the majority of threads have changed in what they are about and it seems that we are lazier now. I am not calling everyone here lazy, but i think the spelling errors are a lot more common now then when i started.

And well If you are offended that In Said that most members are just a bunch of kids and that is why this place feels odd now that is too bad ( notice i am 14)

- Chris Kuehl

Old 01-16-2007, 11:45 PM   #48
zwyatt
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzgeek
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Old 01-16-2007, 11:58 PM   #49
ArpeggioAngel
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzgeek
As we continue to cite our links for what personally constitutes an "annoying thread", and as we continue to request said links for "proof" of the contention that's been going on as of late, guess what happens?

By the way, I'm a huge fan of irony.

regards,
jazz
Have I ever told you that I love your sense of humor?

Old 01-17-2007, 12:05 AM   #50
tyflier
Quote:
Originally Posted by zwyatt
Whether or not that was off the top of your head or it actually took you 50 minutes to compose...I do not know. But I will give you the benefit of the doubt.

I give you a pat on the back for actually completing the task. However, it's hardly necessary that I point out that you yourself say that most of your citations were cases where the inflammatory responses were received some what deservingly. Not to mention that several of them were the result of the same incendiary individual (jdizzy/pcs), so I can hardly count them as isolated incidences.

Still, I see your point and can partially understand your concern regarding the escalation of the questionable comments. The whole thing is still just thin ice for me.

And feel free to call me Zach, if you're inclined to do so
I'm at work. I didn't "compose" it, I just didn't have time to post . Thanks for the benefit of the doubt, though ...

And I fully recognize that alot of the inflammation was directly resultant of poor topic taste, and bad attitudes to begin with.

However, I simply think that topics that are deserving of some bashing lead other people, intentionally or not, to feel that this sort of behavior is acceptable. And in some cases, TaraRose for example, it is utterly unwarranted.

I try hard to ignore the "silliness" that happens. Sometimes I am successful, sometimes I am not. This topic, as jazzgeek kindly pointed out, is a good example of a thread that has the tremendous potential to turn ugly. Luckily, most of the people participating in it have had the decency to remain respectful of others' opinions.

My concern is not whether the negativity is becoming overwhelming. My concern is with the precedents it can set for members who are not quite as sophisticated in "netiquette", or who may not possess the self-control of other members. Examples like the "TaraRose Incident" are in very poor taste, IMO. That situation escalated FAR beyond any reasonable sense of "duty" in protecting those snakes, and turned very quickly into a nasty, insulting, "virtual raping" of that poor girl's integrity, and called into question her worth as a snake owner, which I feel was completely uncalled for. I truly believe that had it not been for the "deserved" bashing I mentioned, folks would not have been so quick and "care-free" in their attacks against her. The precedent was set that this sort of behavior was acceptable, and, IMO...it isn't.

Anyhow...that's just my opinion. But who the heck am I??

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google