CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

Box Turtle Enclosure: Progression Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 01:17 PM   #31
Nanci
1:00 PM: Water line fitted. It's raining now- so I can't try out the new drill yet, but I can bury the first row in the rain!

Old 04-06-2008, 01:19 PM   #32
Nanci
This is how the line gets in. There is PVC under there that it runs through so it doesn't get squished. After I do the planting, I can easily find the main line and run 1/4" drip lines off it.

Old 04-06-2008, 02:26 PM   #33
tanner123
holy you definatley seem to know what your talking about you're making some good progress i wish i had the room to do something like that. Are you getting any help with it at all or are you doing it all yourself?

Old 04-06-2008, 02:35 PM   #34
Nanci
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanner123 View Post
Are you getting any help with it at all or are you doing it all yourself?
I'm doing it all by myself _and_ I have a broken right index finger to make it even more fun!!!

Here's the 2:30 PM report. Still raining. I have three courses up and need to nail it, if it ever quits raining.

Old 04-06-2008, 03:04 PM   #35
Hypancistrus
I am mad envious of you and your land. I want to build a Fort for Lucky the eastern box, but with rats in our neighborhood (Baltimore city "suburb") I am concerned about my ability to literally make it a fort. Don't want to come out to find my boy knawed to pieces... and rats will do that.

Old 04-06-2008, 05:51 PM   #36
Nanci
I bet you could do it by building the pen out of concrete and then using a dog kennel door covered with hardware cloth for a top. Maybe you could even hinge it. You could bury hardware cloth to keep them from tunneling in.

Old 04-06-2008, 07:49 PM   #37
mdrews
Awsome job so far Nanci, keep the updates comming!!Can't wait to see it finished!Just wanted to say that the grub you found looks exactally like our June Bug grubs!The skunks love digging up lawns to eat them!!

Old 04-06-2008, 08:59 PM   #38
ZoologyMajor
LOL @ the grub. I can't wait to see your project all finished. Your yard is beautiful!

Old 04-07-2008, 07:56 AM   #39
Nanci
New Limiting Factor

The new drill is wonderful- drills through the PT 4x4's like butter. Ok, but my arm is going to fall off after hammering in three nails...I guess I'm going to go back to the store and get the 3/8" drill bit and see how loose the 3/8" nails actually would be. Current drill bit is 5/16". I do NOT have weak forearms- maybe the handle of the three pound hammer is too short. Maybe I'd do better with a two pound with a decent length handle! After I get the nail hammered in halfway, there's so much lactic acid in my forearm I have to use two hands- I look like a caveman with a rock, for Pete's sake...

Old 04-07-2008, 10:06 AM   #40
ghosthousecorns
I was wondering if they make deck screws that big. Or some way to be able to make your new drill do the work.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google