• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Which One?

R.W.

Call me Richard
Okay, I know I made another thread on about red tail boas before, but this one is kinda different...I uess.

What type of red tail should I get if I want one the shouldn't get longer than 6-7 feet and will also be calm/docile and easy/safe to handle and show people. I like to show people my reptiles and occasionaly let them handle them to show that snakes aren't evil, bloodthirsty killers that willdo nothing but bite you. :rolleyes: But it wouldn't help things too much if I got out this big boa and it DID end up biting me or someone else. :eek1:

Get a definite cbb animal, for starters. AS for the animal itself, make sure it is a BCI locality animal. Venezuelan tend so stay 6 ft or under, but there are plenty of dwarf species out there. As for keeping it friendly and handleable, try hook training it from when it's a baby: that is, when you take it out of it's enclosure, use a snake hook instead of your hand. It helps the animal relate the hook with handling, instead of your hand with food.

I'm hoping to get a male near its "max" size so I know it won't get TOO much bigger and so I know it is friendly when it come to handling. :)

Back