• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Available snakes

Got some bad news today...I owe $1,000 for taxes...being divorced & having sold the house hurt me. This is the first time I have ever had to pay...ugh.

I put some snakes back up for sale, on my iHerp page that I was gonna keep afterall, with the hope that if/when I buy the house, I don't have to worry about #'s.
Well, now I really need the money, to pay the taxes.

I won't have any idea on whether I can possibly get approved for a house, until at least tomorrow, or the next few days.

With gathering paperwork for taxes & getting stuff ready for trying to get pre-approved, I have not had time to work on my FedEx certification. I will as soon as I can.
The house I want is a shortsale, which take at least 60 days, so I will be putting any/all extra money (after paying for taxes) I get into savings, to help boost my chances of getting the house.

Ugh, I did not need this... :(

That's a real shame Heather. :( If it's not one thing, it's another as the saying goes. :( My fingers are still crossed for you!!

Oh, Geez, Heather. That really sux! Yeah, owning a home definitely is a good thing when it comes to taxes, because you can write off the mortgage interest. Don't forget to wait until the last possible minute to pay Uncle Sam--that'll give you more breathing space to get the money together. I'm sure you already know this stuff :).

I'm hoping and praying that you get some good news when it comes to your mortgage application. You need to catch a break about now! *HUGS*

More bad news....I cannot get a loan to buy a house, due to the circumstances of my short sale. Government rule, that no loans for three years, regardless of reason for short sale. June will be 1 yr since my short sale, so I have 2 more years to wait. :(

Man that sucks, Heather.. about the taxes and the house. I hope things get better for you.

As for the snakes.. I'm sorry you have to still sell some of them.. but my sister and I have already begun to prepare for Eos and Athena (the other female snake your holding for us)... we have the UTH's ordered and getting new tanks for them this weekend... already have their hides ordered and all.

I hope things look up for you very soon, Heather.

I'm really sorry to hear that Heather. I was really wishing you all the best. Maybe you could still use moving as a bargining chip with your landlord if he tries to put in a "snake" clause in your new lease. I'm sure he doesn't want to loose a good tenant and his wifes phobias shouldn't play in to the equasion since she isn't living there, you are. You pay your rent on time, take good care of their property, that counts for something.

I'm so sorry to hear that, Heather!!! :( You could still look for another place to rent if they do put a snake clause in the lease. I hope you all the best and will continue to hope for some better circumstances soon!

Awww.... I'm SO sorry to hear that, Heather!

Here's an option you might want to look into. It's how I purchased my first house: Owner contract. Set it up w/an attorney and have all the payments go into escrow. It's much more difficult for a sleazy homeowner/seller to just pocket the payments and default on the house, that way. Some sellers might be willing to do this if 1), the house has difficulty getting a conventional loan for some reason (no concrete foundation, bad roof, etc. in other words, a fixer-upper) and/or 2) it's been on the market a long time. It certainly doesn't hurt to inquire, anyway. There are plenty of real estate agents that can help you find that kind of home if you're interested. I'm pretty sure that federal laws can't keep you from purchasing a home going this route.

Whatever happens, I hope you don't have to move until YOU want to, and that you aren't asked to rehome any more of your snakes.

Man that sucks, Heather.. about the taxes and the house. I hope things get better for you.

As for the snakes.. I'm sorry you have to still sell some of them.. but my sister and I have already begun to prepare for Eos and Athena (the other female snake your holding for us)... we have the UTH's ordered and getting new tanks for them this weekend... already have their hides ordered and all.

I hope things look up for you very soon, Heather.
Thank you Dianna! I am glad that I have been able to find good homes for most of the ones I am rehoming so far.
I hope to see updates on the two girls. :)

I'm really sorry to hear that Heather. I was really wishing you all the best. Maybe you could still use moving as a bargining chip with your landlord if he tries to put in a "snake" clause in your new lease. I'm sure he doesn't want to loose a good tenant and his wifes phobias shouldn't play in to the equasion since she isn't living there, you are. You pay your rent on time, take good care of their property, that counts for something.

I'm so sorry to hear that, Heather!!! :( You could still look for another place to rent if they do put a snake clause in the lease. I hope you all the best and will continue to hope for some better circumstances soon!

Thank you Josie & Em!
I am going to be looking at available rentals, since my lease is up in a month. The problem would be coming up wiht another first & last deposit, plus pet deposit.
I will see how things go with the landlord, but I will stand my ground on my remaining snakes, & my rent amount (especially since I paid him more this last year, than what was on the lease agreement), plus I have made improvements on the property out of my pocket...I am building a garden, I planted a couple Wisteria's (not cheap), & I put lattice on the bas of the deck, & am replacing the screen in some of the window screens that were already damaged when I moved in (that's not that expensive). These are all factors that prove I am an excellent tenant & I definitely deserve leeway on my snakes.
I will move if I have to though.

Stand your ground. Most if not all landlords pray for tenants like you. I know I would, with our without your snakes! He should too!

Man that sucks about the short sale and your taxes too. I agree w/ Josie that you should stand your ground. I would hate to be a landlady with how many flakey people there are and once they get in the place, evicting a bad tenant is a nightmare. Bottom line, they need your rent money and you pay it on time.So they know they've got it good by having you as a tenant. I'd keep looking anyway for a better rental and more affordable too. Stay away from the ones that say "no pets" - the others are willing to deal with a dog or cat so snakes might be an easier sell with them.

Awww.... I'm SO sorry to hear that, Heather!

Here's an option you might want to look into. It's how I purchased my first house: Owner contract. Set it up w/an attorney and have all the payments go into escrow. It's much more difficult for a sleazy homeowner/seller to just pocket the payments and default on the house, that way. Some sellers might be willing to do this if 1), the house has difficulty getting a conventional loan for some reason (no concrete foundation, bad roof, etc. in other words, a fixer-upper) and/or 2) it's been on the market a long time. It certainly doesn't hurt to inquire, anyway. There are plenty of real estate agents that can help you find that kind of home if you're interested. I'm pretty sure that federal laws can't keep you from purchasing a home going this route.

Whatever happens, I hope you don't have to move until YOU want to, and that you aren't asked to rehome any more of your snakes.
Irish, you are a genious!! I had looked for existing rent to own places, but I hadn't thought of offering the owner of this house I wanted to get a rent to own option. I just sent an email to my real estate agent, telling her I want to make that offer to the owner of this house I want. It will do a few things: he will no longer be in default, & his credit will reflect that his mortgage payments are being made, I will get to move into the house (& out of my rental), when the time comes, & I am able to get a loan, I will be able to offically buy the house, at what the house is worth, not as a short sale (another positive for the current owner).

Stand your ground. Most if not all landlords pray for tenants like you. I know I would, with our without your snakes! He should too!
Thank you :)
I have a long letter typed up, addressing the points I want to make, & hint at moving if I need to, but standing my ground at the number I want to keep (which includes a couple future babies from breeder pairings) & I also stated that I will be breeding a couple females each year, with intent to sell the babies, as part of my hobby (I want to include that stipulation, in case he tries to prevent me from doing so).
Hopefully, the rent to own thing will work out & I won't have to deal wiht this landlord much longer.
Man that sucks about the short sale and your taxes too. I agree w/ Josie that you should stand your ground. I would hate to be a landlady with how many flakey people there are and once they get in the place, evicting a bad tenant is a nightmare. Bottom line, they need your rent money and you pay it on time.So they know they've got it good by having you as a tenant. I'd keep looking anyway for a better rental and more affordable too. Stay away from the ones that say "no pets" - the others are willing to deal with a dog or cat so snakes might be an easier sell with them.
Good point, Jen. I will be looking into available rentals, in case I cannot find a good rent to own situation.

I will keep my fingers crossed that he accepts the rent to own letter and no longer makes the restictions he is accepting as of now.

I will keep my fingers crossed that he accepts the rent to own letter and no longer makes the restictions he is accepting as of now.

Thank you Josie! It really is a win-win situation for all parties involved, including the bank!
I emailed my real estate agent with the basic info that I want to offer, & hopefully she can at least call his agent & tell them the basic points of my offer & if he agrees, we can proceed from there.
The house has been on the market for over 9 months, & luckily the bank has suspended forclosure proceedings for now.
He has not had any offers on it yet, & one of the main things that likely have contributed to that is the fact it's only a two bedroom house. It would be perfect for me & I really hope that he wants to agree to it.

If not, I will have my real estate agent approach other potential homes with the same type of offer. I am sure I am bound to find someone who would love to do that.

Good luck, Heather! Just remember to make sure an attorney, or at least a very knowledgeable buyer's agent gets involved. Insist on having it go into Escrow. It's for both the buyer's and the seller's protection. The buyer knows that a signed-over title is sitting in the Escrow office and that, therefore, the seller can't pull some under-handed sleight of hand, and you have a receipt of every payment, as well as the balance due and interest paid.

I hope you are successful, especially since you really like the house you're currently renting.

Here are some of the snakes that are still available that I need to sell:

Kael-'07 LBR Miami het Motley $125 (plus shipping, if not local)-I love this guy, but under the circumstances I have to make some cuts. I'd love to do a breeder loan with him down the road, if the new owner is up for it.

Nakai-'10 Classic 66% het Bloodred ph Pied-he is pretty good sized for a baby hatched this year, at 26grams. $50 (plus shipping if not local).

Pele & Paytah-'10 PJC pair poss het Bloodred, Hypo, Amel, Anery $60 for the pair (plus shipping of not local)

Accalia-'10 Classic het Ghost-this girl has thick borders & I think she's going to be a stunning adult! $25 (plus shipping if not local)

I have some Anery babies as well, that I will add later.
I haven't had time to work on finishing my FedEx certification with everything going on, but I will.

Attachments

• 037kael.jpg
    037kael.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 41
  • 008nakai.jpg
    008nakai.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 42
  • 055pele.jpg
    055pele.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 42
  • 029a.jpg
    029a.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 41
  • ClassicFem001.jpg
    ClassicFem001.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 41
Heather, I have some more pictures of Accalia on my hard drive if you'd like me to upload them for you. Along with pictures from the other hatchlings I sent you. Just let me know and I'll either email them to you or post them here. :)

Back