CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Feeders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Feeders Any and all issues about raising rats, mice, or anything else that you feed your cornsnakes.

Traveling with Frozen Feeders

Old 09-17-2013, 05:03 PM   #1
bloop
Traveling with Frozen Feeders

Hallo again all.

I just had a quick question about traveling with frozen feeders and keeping them that way. I am planning on picking up a supply of frozen pinkies and jumbo mice from a show that is about 2.5-3 hours drive from my home.

I was planning on putting them in a styrofoam cooler with some dry ice to help them stay frozen the duration of the trip home. Is there a better way to do this or is this the best bet to keep my frozen mice frozen?

Old 09-17-2013, 06:30 PM   #2
hypnoctopus
Sounds good to me! I haven't had to do that, but that's how they get shipped, so a few hours should be no problem. Mine also get shipped in insulating packages, so you could see if you could find those too.

Old 09-17-2013, 07:15 PM   #3
Nanci
Dry ice is perfect. Bring newspaper to wrap the mice in. And the ice goes on top.

Old 09-19-2013, 10:34 AM   #4
airenlow
Yep, perfect!

Old 09-19-2013, 10:35 AM   #5
bloop
Ah I just found out the company I want to buy from gives customers insulated bags! How great is that!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google