CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Feeders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Feeders Any and all issues about raising rats, mice, or anything else that you feed your cornsnakes.

Organic feeders?

Old 04-13-2013, 05:57 PM   #1
cagedbirdsinging
Organic feeders?

You are what you eat, right?

I keep pet rats and actually run my own business making and selling premium organic diets for pet rodents. I like being able to control what goes into my animals and removing the things that shouldn't be there like unnatural ingredients, additives, and the dreaded GMO.

I don't want these things going into my future snake, either. I was wondering if anyone sells feeders raised "organically". It makes sense to me, though I can see how it wouldn't to many others.

Of course, this is something that I could do myself with my own organic diet, but I was just wondering if there is anyone out there that uses these practices to make sure that their snakes get the best food possible. I don't want GMO in any of my pets.

Old 04-13-2013, 08:58 PM   #2
Ana Sofia R
I can't help about that, but i'm sure you'll find out someone who does it x)

Old 04-14-2013, 01:42 AM   #3
cagedbirdsinging
I really hope so, Ana!

I wonder if I could find someone semi-local to give some of my mouse/rat diet to and essentially pay them to raise a year or so's worth of feeders for me organically.

Old 04-14-2013, 08:04 PM   #4
Ana Sofia R
here in the forum are some threads about rats... like "buy frozen ones or raise my own" and there's a lot of people there talking about!
maybe you'll find someone there from you're location or near you ^^

Old 04-14-2013, 10:17 PM   #5
dave partington
GMO Soy Repeatedly Linked to Sterility, Infant Mortality, Birth Def...
just me, googling around...

Old 04-14-2013, 11:45 PM   #6
cagedbirdsinging
Yes, only some of the dangers of GMO soy, which is very prevalent in the rodent blocks that feeders are most often raised on. I can't blame the feeder breeders, though, for sure, as feeding human-grade organic diets to that number of animals isn't necessarily convenient or inexpensive to do yourself!

I do wonder if I could "adopt" a breeding pair/trio and give the breeder my own food and bottled water and pay them extra to do the "dirty work" for me.

I know how silly this must sound to everyone, especially after I got berated on another forum for this, but this is something that is very important to me.

Old 04-15-2013, 12:31 AM   #7
pheonix
I'd do it if I was near you. Like ana said, look in this feeder section and see if someone would help you with this project. The feeders might cost you more than a regular feeder though, because of the extra work that it'd require.

Old 04-15-2013, 12:32 AM   #8
Joba
This doesn't sound silly at all. I'll be looking for updates on this thread.

Old 04-15-2013, 12:33 AM   #9
pheonix
I didn't realize you already mentioned that you'd pay extra for them to do the dirty work. Lol

Old 11-06-2013, 03:37 PM   #10
xoxocammyxoxo
I've actually been thinking about getting back into breeding after a 10 year hiatus and have considered organic feeders as a possibility. Unfortunately though, I'm on the other side of the states than you

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google