CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Feeders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Feeders Any and all issues about raising rats, mice, or anything else that you feed your cornsnakes.

Cervical dislocation problem

Old 09-10-2013, 12:32 PM   #11
AliCat37
My teacher will go on all day long about how cruel CO2 is. I don't believe her one bit, I've killed hundreds of mice and rats with CO2, and it is fast and painless.
She prefers bopping them, which I have done before, but it is so easy to mess up and must be terrifying for the rodents. It's hard to do dislocation on a bunch of mice, but easy on one or two. CO2 containers are just so darn expensive, so if the vinegar way works as well as buying one, then I see no issue with it.

Old 09-10-2013, 03:31 PM   #12
lilmike227
Oh my gosh I'am not here to tell people they shouldn't use co2 I really dont care how people put down their mice but for the op im just stating that some forms of co2 are painful and scary for the mice if givin the wrong way. If you don't me then take some co2 and put that in your face and tell me if is "painless" or not. But since I doubt anyone will try it I will just tell you what happens. Its gonna burn your eyes and if you inhale any of it its not gonna feel to good going in. Now tell me how that is painless

Old 09-10-2013, 04:10 PM   #13
darth-hayzer
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmike227 View Post
Oh my gosh I'am not here to tell people they shouldn't use co2 I really dont care how people put down their mice but for the op im just stating that some forms of co2 are painful and scary for the mice if givin the wrong way. If you don't me then take some co2 and put that in your face and tell me if is "painless" or not. But since I doubt anyone will try it I will just tell you what happens. Its gonna burn your eyes and if you inhale any of it its not gonna feel to good going in. Now tell me how that is painless
I was asking for info on your facts that some form of co2 will harm rodents . I googled this and I can't find any info on this . Also , when I am at the paintball field , the worker are always filling co2 tanks , not once have I heard anyone scream out in pain when gas sprays out .
Then again watch ANY youtube video on killing mice with vinegar and baking soda and it does not look like any mice are in pain.

Old 09-10-2013, 04:28 PM   #14
lilmike227
Ok look I'am not trying to get into this heated debate hell I use co2 to put down my how mouse colony but I have the luxury of having a big ol co2 canister in which i can control the output (great at truing juice into soda by the way) But me personally am fine with them dying fast but some people are not so I tell the op what I know and he or she can do the research and decide for themselves what they want to do. Of course people are much larger than mice so the pain is different but here is a very long article about co2 if you scroll down you will see charts of how much co2 was used and what effect it had on the mice.
http://lan.sagepub.com/content/39/2/137.full.pdf

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google