CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Feeders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Feeders Any and all issues about raising rats, mice, or anything else that you feed your cornsnakes.

Guidance with a feeder order.

Old 11-07-2013, 01:30 AM   #1
cagedbirdsinging
Guidance with a feeder order.

Hey, guys!

I'm putting together an order from a feeder breeder that I found online, but I'm actually going to be picking up in person. I'm excited to get the nice price and not worry about shipping!

I have a commercial vacuum sealer at home, so I'm thinking about ordering for six months.

Maya hatched in June and weighs 15 grams. She gets one pinkie (Bad mama for not weighing the pinks...!) every 5-7 days, depending on how busy that fifth night is that might postpone supper night! It seems like she is gaining slowly. She weighed 10 grams at the end of July when I got her and took her until the middle of September to get to 15 grams. She's my first snake and I'm really not sure what the healthy weight progression I should be looking for is.

Anyway... I can get whatever days-old pinks (and beyond) that I request, but I'm not sure what to request.

Assuming that she eats every 5-7 days, will she still be on pinkies in 6 months and just end up doubling up on them? Will she be on fuzzies? Can anyone help ballpark a figure for me?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Old 11-07-2013, 05:48 AM   #2
Nanci
I think I'd get 25 assorted pinks, 15 assorted peach fuzzy to large fuzzy, 10 hoppers to start. You could do double small pinks, then single bigger pinks, and just keep gradually increasing to peach fuzzy, small fuzzy, medium fuzzy, etc. They probably stay on each step of fuzzy for 2-4 meals, (usually the low end) and then on hoppers for a couple months. That's my best guess. They go through the fuzzy range fast, but it's a long trip from 50 grams to 90 grams on hoppers.

Old 11-07-2013, 06:22 AM   #3
chris68
Hi Kirsten, pm'd you back. I'd follow what Nanci said. So glad you are enjoying her and would love to see pics when you can

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google