CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

Whats the deal!

Old 09-03-2009, 11:52 AM   #551
KJUN
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakewispera snr View Post
Only more Welsh..... And perhaps Ewe..... thats not a you or a Welsh you.... or perhaps it is... LOL
But that is a good reference to the alphabet post.... I'm allowed to say that and other Welsh can say that..... Anyone else and it's racist.....
It's like a love thing as someone else put it......
Whoo, whoo, whoo! I've got the corner on sheep jokes. That is MY territory there, bub. Stay out of it. And stop looking at my girlfriend like that!

Old 09-03-2009, 11:53 AM   #552
diamondlil
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJUN View Post
It was the "Welsh you."
Erm I think you'll find that was Mike's post, not mine.

Old 09-03-2009, 11:57 AM   #553
KJUN
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBoz View Post
Go ahead Dean, Susan or Jeff, give me the smack down. It's worth it.
The joke is too obvious for me to comment. But remember, you owe me one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike17l View Post
Thank you Dean, Susan, Jeff, and Mike for the jobs that you do.
Mike, this is for you.

Old 09-03-2009, 11:58 AM   #554
KJUN
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondlil View Post
Erm I think you'll find that was Mike's post, not mine.
Ok, so you understood my mistake, right? I was scared it wa a little subtle.

Old 09-03-2009, 12:07 PM   #555
Roy Munson
I was nominated; I didn't "throw my hat into the ring." I was flattered that I was voted in, and I accepted. Being Christ-like was not a condition of instatement.

For the record, I'm not against a new mod election. I have a feeling that the results wouldn't get me out of the gig on their own anyway. Hubris? Maybe. Have fun, folks. Thanks to those who have been supportive. To those who haven't, no hard feelings.

Old 09-03-2009, 12:26 PM   #556
dave partington
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike17l View Post
Interesting, I have never seen someone admit that their mother was a sheep.
It is normal for an individual not to discuss something he/she is not comfortable with, in regard to their own person. If the person was comfortable with it, would your opinion of that person change? Would you tell yourself you are somehow better or superior over them? Would you find fault with that person for their parents actions? Would you use their honesty against them?

Old 09-03-2009, 12:28 PM   #557
Nova_C
If you guys are serious about 'voting' for mods, you are out of your minds. It shouldn't be a popularity contest. It should be the site admin's decision based on a poster's history and their willingness to do the job, otherwise you end up with mods trying to curry favor with the more popular posters because they shape board opinion.

Anyway, the notion that the mods should 'set and example' is flat out dumb. I've been called out on other forums because the admin there gave me a title as an 'exemplar', or someone who showed a high degree of knowledge and professionalism in the subject matter of the board. I got involved in a political debate (Orly?) and some members objected to my aggressive debating because I was supposed to lead by example.

Why? Why should a moderator, or a benefactor, or anyone on this board be responsible for setting an example? That's not cool. You're free to report posts by mods just as you are anyone else. A mod isn't a 'leader', they're simply there to enforce the rules. If they break them, then report them to the other mods. Don't expect them to act different from everybody else, don't whine when they do, just treat them as you would any other member.

BTW, you guys would love the Debate forum on the Penny Arcade board. :P There are fantastically creative people there when they come up with offensive things to say.

Old 09-03-2009, 12:37 PM   #558
KJUN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova_C View Post
If you guys are serious about 'voting' for mods, you are out of your minds. It shouldn't be a popularity contest. It should be the site admin's decision based on a poster's history and their willingness to do the job, otherwise you end up with mods trying to curry favor with the more popular posters because they shape board opinion.
I understand why Rich did it the weay he did, but the above has always been my way of thinking. Simply put, I really do agree with Nova on this. I don't want a popular moderator. I want someone that does what Rich says, does NOT cary a too heavy stick, doesn't abuse the moderator priveleges, and (although this one is optional) has an actual interest in snakes as pets. I don't have (in my opinion) to LIKE a moderator. I just have (again this is an opinion) find them to be just and not power hungry.

Old 09-03-2009, 12:43 PM   #559
tricksterpup
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakemom1961 View Post
The way I read it was he was just voicing his opinion on whether anyone would be willing to be yet ANOTHER mod with the ones we have now.
After all Jeff became a mod a few months back with no election. Whats wrong with asking if we can't have nominations and get nominee's for yet a couple more mods?
Actually there is no need for mods here on this site. Those 4 do a fantastic job. You get more mods here and you will have trouble. Trust me, I have been a mod on a defunct forum and one on Lori's. The size of this site, heck, 4 is more than enough.

And as the campaign manager for the Election of Jeff Mohr for Mod in 09, it was a joke. It was more or less a running gag here at CS when we had the mod election and it was an election that Dean, Mike and Susan won by the members at the time.

Since Jeff lost the election, there was always that joke to make him a mod. I brought it back with Banners and it was fun. I even sent Jeff a pm if it was ok and also to the Mods as well. Everyone knew it was a joke and I wasn't serious but the powers that be like the idea and now he is our new swanky hot mod.

Rich is a pretty cool guy, he allows us to play in his back yard and pool. He even allowed us to choose his life guards to that pool. But please make no illusions, its his choice not ours if or when to add a new mod.

After all its his Yard.

And if you really want a new mod after reading this. Maybe, just Maybe, i can start a campaign for Jazzgeek for Mod 2010.

Old 09-03-2009, 12:47 PM   #560
tricksterpup
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Munson View Post
I was nominated; I didn't "throw my hat into the ring." I was flattered that I was voted in, and I accepted. Being Christ-like was not a condition of instatement.

For the record, I'm not against a new mod election. I have a feeling that the results wouldn't get me out of the gig on their own anyway. Hubris? Maybe. Have fun, folks. Thanks to those who have been supportive. To those who haven't, no hard feelings.
I think I nominated you so I could use this photo on a regular basis.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google