CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

Whats the deal!

Old 09-03-2009, 05:31 PM   #581
KJUN
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade View Post
I am sorry if I have said anything that has made anyone feel bad about being here.

Except for KJ, he is always upset about something.

...and THAT makes me happy. It is such a conundrum.

Old 09-03-2009, 05:35 PM   #582
jazzgeek
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondlil View Post
I do Dale, but it's got a life of it's own today because I trimmed the fringe and side layers a bit. When I go back to my lovely hairdresser he'll tell me off again for ruining his vision of what my hair should be like. I keep explaining that it's always been random and mad and his job is to help to keep it in check without too much fuss.
"A life of its own" STILL trumps no hair.

Dale

Old 09-03-2009, 05:35 PM   #583
KJUN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky87 View Post
She hasn't apologized or given one sign that she doesn't truly feel that President Obama "is a terrorist...and that he should be lynched".

If we forget the race comments perceived by some that might or might not have been her intend, she has no reason to appologize. If she believes he is a terrorist, then that is her belief. Goodness knows he's given us aenough enough to support that belief!

Second, didn't she say the lynching might be warranted in the future as if he gets bad enough to deserve it? That's like saying, "If you kill someone, you should get the chair." IF...THEN...statements shouldn't be that hard to comprehend.

Correct me if I remember incorrectly: did he say he should be hung NOW or did she say he would need if it if did something to warrant it?

Old 09-03-2009, 06:04 PM   #584
LBoz
Quote:
She hasn't apologized or given one sign that she doesn't truly feel that President Obama "is a terrorist...and that he should be lynched". She's stuck by those comments and even dragged God into the mix as well. To me that's wrong,
I'm sorry...but who the *bleep* are YOU to demand an apology from her or anyone?

Old 09-03-2009, 06:07 PM   #585
Drizzt80
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBoz View Post
I'm sorry...but who the *bleep* are YOU to demand an apology from her or anyone?
That's Ricky. Maybe you haven't met him yet. He's smarter and knows more than than all of us . . . combined!

Seriously. Just ask him. His "brother" will tell you.

D80

Old 09-03-2009, 06:15 PM   #586
jazzgeek
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBoz View Post
Giving up on "Fluffy" so soon? I really thought it would become a meme.

If Susan truly thinks BHO is a terrorist who needs to be lynched, she need not apologize. That's her stance. Conversely, if others think likewise, that's their stance, and they need not apologize.

However, if a claim was made, the burden of proof is on s/he who makes the assertion.

IMHO, Susan has done a wonderful job of avoiding making a direct claim by stating (and I paraphrase), "BHO may very well be a terrorist and the anti-Christ".

And *I* may very well be "Shmabltzfk", your Alien Overlord. (Not that I have to prove it, thanks to my weasel-wording.*)

Bow before me, y'all.

Dale

*In journalism and broadcast media, this is known as "pulling a Cavuto".

Old 09-03-2009, 06:24 PM   #587
medusacoils
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVFdAJRVm94

Wayne

Old 09-03-2009, 06:32 PM   #588
wade
Quote:
Personally I think the mods do an excellent job and this site is as easy to navigate as any I've been to. To me though this has nothing to do with Susan having to lead by example as it does with Susan keeping her "racially insensitive" comments to herself. She only speaks for herself, not Dean, or Rich, or anybody else. She hasn't apologized or given one sign that she doesn't truly feel that President Obama "is a terrorist...and that he should be lynched". She's stuck by those comments and even dragged God into the mix as well. To me that's wrong, but I also see how it's unfair to make Dean or Rich go through the process of fitting a punishment.

Personally I feel the shame and lack of respect she's feeling from members is as judicial as it gets, and she won't walk away from this thread with the same dignity she may have had beforehand. Lesson learned and I hope this makes her realize the affect those claims and statements have!.

This whole freedom of speech thing is difficult for you isn’t it Ricky. Let me help you a little. Susan is entitled to believe anything she wants and she is free to express those beliefs. Now is that wild or what. Imagine a world where people are free to speak their mind.

The rules do not say that she needs to agree with you on any topic. Nor do they say she needs to apologize for not agreeing with you. She can even believe in GOD.

If you don’t like what she says, don’t listen too her. Or get mad and tell her what you think. You have rights too.

You sir are a piece of work. You amaze me almost every day.

Old 09-03-2009, 06:38 PM   #589
Michael823
I just checked up on this thread last night, and it still took another half an hour to get to the end part. I had more answers when I first read this thread, but now I'm left wondering "what's the deal?".

Old 09-03-2009, 06:50 PM   #590
Roy Munson
I wouldn't want Susan to apologize if she doesn't feel apologetic. Sometimes I think that's part of the reason society's such a mess-- we expect and respect empty apologies.

I WILL praise Ricky for touching on a difficult subject. Mods modding mods is more problematic than most may realize. Susan and I have clashed in the past, but somewhere along the way I'd like to think that we developed what I consider to be a profound respect for each other-- maybe even fondness. People praise the community atmosphere we have here on this little forum, but they want their Barney Fifes to load their single bullets and gun each other down for driving 38mph in a 35mph zone. I can't do it just to appease the sensitive, especially when we routinely allow others to drive 72mph. And I don't have a magic decoder ring that can interpret intent from standard English. The "n" word is non-standard, but even interpreting the use of that word can be problematic without analyzing the source(s) who may use it. I don't want to get into the issue of who's "allowed" to use certain words. I understand the arguments. Supporting usage of one term by one group, and denying usage to another may actually seem rational and supportable, but it doesn't do much to eliminate differences and get us all together.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google