• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Interracial couple denied marriage license

This is really just wrong. He's not a racist, he's a "purist", wanting to keep white bloodlines free of anything other than white.

Kate Schwartzman said:
"The Supreme Court ruled as far back as 1963 that the government cannot tell people who they can and cannot marry."

That's not the way I see it. If I went down to the courthouse tomorrow with Tony and applied for a marriage license, we'd be denied. That's the government telling me who I can't marry.

O.
M.
G.
I am so embarrassed. That is Louisiana. About 45 miles from here. Meaning from where I live.

LOL. Please don't judge all of us by the action of a JOTP in Tangipahoa Parish.
However, it does go to show you that in the good ol' deep ol' South.......there is still racism, bigotry, sexism, and yes I can say first hand, homophobia.

But he'll marry you if you are an alcoholic, drug user or abusive because that has no effect on children as long as both parents are the same pigmentation...
Just sad.
Terri

But he'll marry you if you are an alcoholic, drug user or abusive because that has no effect on children as long as both parents are the same pigmentation...
Just sad.
Terri
Which is exactly what the federal government and most states will do as long as both people are of opposite biological sex . . .

Just sad.
Terri
:roflmao:

Terri, other than leaving out meth-cooker, you speak as if you're familiar with "Tangipahoa Parish"......just sayin'.......

NOTE : Britney Spears is from Kentwood, Louisiana....IN TangipaHOa parish. :laugh:

Wow just wow isn't this 2009? I know people still feel this way, but its just so sad our society lets individual opinions rule what another can and can not do when their actions in no way affect anyone else:(

How can someone in that position be so out of touch with the here and now? I don't think the gov should have any control at all with the exception of verifying legal age.

I don't even know how to respond, but at least we live in a time where he will be looked down on for this, and where there are many other places where they can marry. Soon enough we'll be looking at gay marriage in the same light, and we should be equally ashamed that there is still no such thing as true equality yet.

Yeah, I saw that too. That's absurd, and I hope he gets some kind of punishment for this.

Robbie: Come to New Hampshire and get married here!

Robbie: Come to New Hampshire and get married here!
This actually creates all kinds of legal headaches for us. If you don't live in a state that will recognize the license (most of us don't), then it doesn't do you any good. And in terms of filing taxes and other monetary legalities, it can potentially do you harm.

HuffPo Article said:
Bardwell said he has discussed the topic with blacks and whites, along with witnessing some interracial marriages. He came to the conclusion that most of black society does not readily accept offspring of such relationships, and neither does white society, he said.
"There is a problem with both groups accepting a child from such a marriage," Bardwell said. "I think those children suffer and I won't help put them through it.

Has anyone told this a$$clown who the current President is?

Oy.

Dale

Has anyone told this a$$clown who the current President is?

Oy.

Dale

Evidently he is unaware of Obama's mixed ethnicity...

This clown needs to be disbarred (or whatever they do to JOTP's that no longer deserve the title). This shouldn't even be an issue in this day and age.

I can't WAIT for the day that discrimination based on sexuality is recognized to be the same ignorance that racism is. Someday, people will keep their beliefs out of my home...

That's always an option. For some reason, the North East seems to be more accepting than other areas of the country. (For the most part)
For the most part the north east is very accepting, at least New Hampshire seems to be, and I know Vermont is too. Of course there will always be people who are intolerant of those who are different, but as a whole it's a great place to live. If you come quick you can see the foliage too, it's really the most uniquely amazing part of being from New England.

TBH.... This is a good thing and it's good that it has come about.....
Why you ask..
Because racism is still about, yet lots of people bury their heads and pretend that it no longer exists.....
Well it does and it's making the news....
Try and ignore that if you can....
America may be the land of the free, but not if your an ethnic/homosexual it seems....

Back