• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Help!!

Brian Miller

I was cleaning cages today and found that my male bubblegum is actually a female. This is a very young snake and she laid 9 eggs that looked good but were sunken in a bit because I havent checked on the snake in two days. I mixed the perilite and put the eggs in it. I put a moist paper towel over the eggs. Is there anything else I should do to try and save these eggs. Thanks for all the help!!

I am no expert but......

I personally isn't an expert at this, someone else on this forum correct me if there is anything that I said wrong here.

First I would try to use moss instead of what you are using right now.
As Rich has posted before, he said "Around 6 cups of moss to 1 cup of water" is around the right ratio for the eggs.

Make sure that you keep the temp for the incubation box or hovabator (spelling)(it's an egg incubating device) at around 82 - 85. Anything above that temp might cause death to the egg because of dehydration or other factors. Keeping eggs below the temperature is less risky but takes longer. Usally they will hatch out in around 60 days. But temperature lower than 82 can take longer.......

Anyway
Good Luck and Happy Herping!

One additional avice

One little more advice

if you haven't got the "Corn Snake Manuel" get it asap from Bill and Kathy Loves

their homepage is:

http://www.corn-utopia.com

the book cost around 15 US dollars plus shipping. So it's cheap, but VERY useful!

the book talks about everything you need to know to keep the eggs good and healthy!

If you already got the book, refer back to the book and it will definately help you out!

Back