CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

How is my setup?

Old 07-05-2017, 11:47 PM   #11
HeckinSnek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twolunger View Post
Some corns spend a lot of time in their hides, some corns like their hides after eating or during shedding. I have some corns that stay out of the hides 90% of the time. I have one male that never goes in his hide. Some of my females rush out of their hide when they see me enter the snake room, hoping to get handled or fed.
Since he already has 2 hides I was thinking of just adding another fake plant for clutter, maybe a ganesh statue that I have and thought might look cool (no sharp edges).

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Old 07-06-2017, 07:27 PM   #12
DollysMom
Here's my set up. Notice there are 4 hides, a plant, a stick and vine that also works as a hide and three vines for climbing. Also note the happy snake in the rock hide. As she grows and I replace these hides with adult size hides almost all the spaces will be filled.

Old 07-06-2017, 07:32 PM   #13
Karl_Mcknight
look at her! She's looking right at her mommy!

Old 07-06-2017, 07:46 PM   #14
DollysMom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl_Mcknight View Post
look at her! She's looking right at her mommy!
Yes indeed she was, Karl. She's such a sweetie!

Old 07-06-2017, 08:24 PM   #15
MysticExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeckinSnek View Post
Since he already has 2 hides I was thinking of just adding another fake plant for clutter, maybe a ganesh statue that I have and thought might look cool (no sharp edges).

That should work. It just depends on your snake. Give them time to adjust to a new home, then see how the snake does. You can add more if needed.

Welcome, from a fellow PNW'er (Everett)

Old 07-06-2017, 08:40 PM   #16
HeckinSnek
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticExotics View Post
That should work. It just depends on your snake. Give them time to adjust to a new home, then see how the snake does. You can add more if needed.

Welcome, from a fellow PNW'er (Everett)
I don't have room for another real hide in his temporary home, but i could get a paper towel roll, and a climbing stick, thanks for your advice everyone, Louie Louie was delayed, he should be home tomorrow

Old 07-06-2017, 08:43 PM   #17
DollysMom
Looking forward to his arrival! Best wishes.

Old 07-06-2017, 09:11 PM   #18
MysticExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeckinSnek View Post
I don't have room for another real hide in his temporary home, but i could get a paper towel roll, and a climbing stick, thanks for your advice everyone, Louie Louie was delayed, he should be home tomorrow

Sorry to hear he got delayed. I hope he's ok in the heat.
Babies love tp. tubes! I scrunch up one end, so they have a little cave. They seem to like that.

Old 07-06-2017, 09:18 PM   #19
HeckinSnek
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticExotics View Post
Sorry to hear he got delayed. I hope he's ok in the heat.
Babies love tp. tubes! I scrunch up one end, so they have a little cave. They seem to like that.
Actually that brings up a new question, when it gets really hot, like 90s what should I do? Turn off the heating mat? Ice cube in water dish? I live in the Seattle area so no one has ac, it rarely gets into the 90s or above but I remember last summer we had quite a few of those days. I have a fan in my room, if it gets super hot should I just leave it on during the day while I'm at work so my room is a little cooler?

Old 07-06-2017, 09:28 PM   #20
MysticExotics
Your thermostat will shut off the heat source when it gets that hot. It doesn't get hot enough in this area to need to do much else. I'm in Everett. I do have ac to take the edge off when it gets too warm. I have a small window ac unit in my kitchen that works for my whole house. (Except my snake room, with is my spare bedroom, I keep the door shut so it stays in the temp range I want it at.)

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google