CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

How is my setup?

Old 07-06-2017, 10:36 PM   #21
HeckinSnek
http://imgur.com/HJVnWLf

How's this? I hope he likes his little statue

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Old 07-07-2017, 02:33 AM   #22
DollysMom
That looks nice!

Just be careful with the sticks. They don't look like they are secured and they can possibly fall if he climbs on them.

Old 07-07-2017, 08:02 AM   #23
HeckinSnek
Quote:
Originally Posted by DollysMom View Post
That looks nice!

Just be careful with the sticks. They don't look like they are secured and they can possibly fall if he climbs on them.
How do I secure them? They are technically bird perches since the store didn't have anything specially for snakes, is there something different I should get from Amazon?

Old 07-07-2017, 08:10 AM   #24
HeckinSnek
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeckinSnek View Post
How do I secure them? They are technically bird perches since the store didn't have anything specially for snakes, is there something different I should get from Amazon?

I just now jammed them in a little firmer so if I try to wriggle them back and forth they don't give

Old 07-07-2017, 11:38 AM   #25
DollysMom
There are only two ways, other than jamming, that I know of to secure branches, vines, or other climbing apparatus to the glass. One is suction cups. You could go to the hardware store and rig up an hook and eyelet kind of thing with a suction cup to do that. The other is magnets. You would hot glue or otherwise safely affix something that a magnet could hold and then use a strong magnet on the outside of the glass to hold it in place.

The other thing people do is build little stable "jungle gyms". You could do that by hot gluing several perches together. I've also seen people use the dowel type wine racks. IKEA has an inexpensive wine rack but it currently would take up most of your enclosure.

Old 07-07-2017, 11:40 AM   #26
DollysMom
One more thing. We've given you all this hopefully constructive criticism, but good on you for coming here, asking, and making a really appropriate home for your new snake. Not enough people do this and you are to be commended, HeckinSnek!

Old 07-09-2017, 09:55 AM   #27
HeckinSnek
Thank you so much for all your help, despite that and the fact that I myself was unable to move the lid at all with 6 clamps on it Louie Louie escaped the first night I had him. If anyone in the area would like any of my supplies let me know.

Old 07-09-2017, 11:54 AM   #28
Twolunger
Don't give up so easily. Unless you had the vivarium outside Louie may show up eventually. Snakes want 3 basic things, security, food, and water. Check out the forum searches for missing corns and try some of the ideas. You can always give away the supplies later if necessary.

Old 07-09-2017, 01:36 PM   #29
MysticExotics
Is that log hollow? (The decoration one, closer to the water dish). Maybe he is in there..?

Old 07-09-2017, 02:22 PM   #30
Dragonling
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticExotics View Post
Is that log hollow? (The decoration one, closer to the water dish). Maybe he is in there..?
Oh look, it's THAT log. I can't count how many times I've talked people out of buying one for their baby colubrid. I've seen several posts on facebook and forums (including a friend I sent a hatchling to) who "lost" their snake only to find it crammed inside the top of that thing.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google