CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

I think I got a Bloodred at Petco

Old 08-28-2017, 11:42 AM   #1
cornsnakebob
I think I got a Bloodred at Petco

I went to Petco yesterday aand they had two Corns there and they both looked like Bloodreds. I got the bigger one. I'd say it's close to 5mos. old. I'll get some pics up soon, but the belly on this guy looks a LOT like the bellies on this page>

http://iansvivarium.com/morphs/?m=bloodred

My question is do Normal Corns have distinct black checkering on older hatcjlings? Mine does not have any. He definitely has the greyish head and darker red saddles. Thx.

Old 08-28-2017, 06:52 PM   #2
Karl_Mcknight
why not post a picture?

Old 08-29-2017, 05:13 PM   #3
Arpolis
al corns do have checkering at all ages. If you have a clear white belly then there are two morphs that could effect that which you pant see in a big box store. That is Motley and diffused or blood red. I was surprised that I picked up a pretty nice blood red at a pets mart not to long ago:

Name:  IMG_1465.JPG
Views: 92
Size:  402.8 KB

Name:  IMG_1466.JPG
Views: 92
Size:  343.8 KB

Name:  IMG_1459.JPG
Views: 94
Size:  378.4 KB

Old 08-29-2017, 05:14 PM   #4
Arpolis
Normal* corns.... some message got cut off.

Old 09-01-2017, 11:45 AM   #5
cornsnakebob
^ Thanks. No need to post a pic, cuz mine looks EXACTLY like that one, just a little bigger. And you answered my question. So I guess I have a bloodred.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google