CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Breeding/Egg Production & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Breeding/Egg Production & Care Any topics concerning breeding of the cornsnake, brumation, egg laying, or issues concerning problems in any step along the way.

Pics of my 2015 clutch! Kamalah and Keagan's first babies

Old 08-09-2015, 02:14 PM   #21
LauRuffian
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeina View Post
Or are those soda cap lids?
All I know is that it is adorable lol the babies are gorgeous!
They're water bottle and milk jug lids.

Old 08-09-2015, 02:44 PM   #22
LauRuffian
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticExotics View Post
I hope that your girl starts eating again soon!
Any update on her? Did she lay eggs?
They can reabsorb follicles, but once eggs have formed they cannot reabsorb them.
I hope she and the babies are doing well!
No, no eggs--it was all rather weird, in my limited experience, but she is slowly getting her appetite back. A couple of days ago, I got her to take a pinkie in her enclosure dangling it in front of her with tongs, and then tried with a hairless fuzzy similarly. She struck at it and knocked it across the tank, and then when I offered again she refused. So...I left it with her overnight, and it was gone the next morning.

This morning, I was able to feed her in her feeding bin offering two pinkies using tongs and then another hairless fuzzy. It took some dangling and teasing with the fuzzy, but she took it. The pinkies meanwhile were gone almost the moment she got her mouth on it, heh. I'll try with a weanling in a few days.

The babies are shedding and eating and are just gorgeous, if my biased self does say so.

I need to get a better post-shed pic of "Turtle," but here is hypo Aztec "Coby:"

Stripe (or is it hypo stripe?) "Scarlet:"

Hypo Aztec "Greatness" (LOL, still laughing my son nicknamed him that):

Stripe? Hypo stripe? "Doctor Bob:"

Hypo Aztec and my 5yro's pick as his keeper "Snootle:"

Continued in the next post...

Old 08-09-2015, 03:02 PM   #23
LauRuffian
Even the normals have really nice red coloring--just pretty babies, overall.

Here's Aztec "Norrrm!"

And grumpypants "Mr. Squiggles:"

And here we have lovely lavender "Patrick Star," who perhaps was jinxed when my 5yro nicknamed him that. He shed a few days behind his same-aged siblings, and is thus far the only baby to refuse a conventionally offered pinkie. I'll try again later today with a boiled pinkie.

Just waiting for the last lavender (who's already spoken for, heh) to shed and then I'll post pics of her and get some better shots of Turtle, too, to complete the post pictorial. Love the babies!

Thank you all so much for your help through this. It's been a journey, that's for sure.

Old 08-09-2015, 04:50 PM   #24
Karl_Mcknight
Your babies are beautiful. Congratulations. And your daddy snake Keagan looks just like my little boy Rufus. He too is a Hypo Stripe.

Old 08-09-2015, 06:21 PM   #25
Ravenessa
They are looking great <3

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google