CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions This is a "none of the above" forum. All posts should still be related to cornsnakes in one form or another, but some slight off topic posting is fine.

400 uses for deli cups . . . ??!!

Old 02-18-2007, 02:00 AM   #1
Drizzt80
400 uses for deli cups . . . ??!!

Okay, back story . . . I sent a PM to Lore once upon a time explaining a stupid mistake I had made last Spring. I ordered 400 deli cups in anticipation for the upcoming hatching season. Got the cups in and organized etc. You may or may not know the drill. Anyway, eggs started hatching, started separating baby snakes etc. Was wondering why the deli cups were getting excess condensation inside a day later . . . NO HOLES!! Are you freaking kidding me?!?! I ordered 400 deli cups with NO HOLES!! Luckily I had about 200 cups left from the previous season so was able to 'survive' for the week it took to order in new cups WITH holes! So, long story short, what are some of your ideas for 400 deli cups with NO HOLES?!?! The wife used about 50 over the course of the summer to make ice chunks for the camping coolers, but what else?!?!

Just another misadventure in this thing I like to call LIFE!!
D80

Old 02-18-2007, 02:22 AM   #2
Mrs InsaneOne
What about using them to store things like craft beads? Or you can use them to store frozen mice between meals...

I do like the ice cube one... Hmmm... if you take them outside, and there is still snow, you can use them to form small snow bricks to build a snow fort or an igloo...

Ok, you could make candles out of them by using old sheds (or if you are twisted enough small frozen pinkies) and clear candle wax or the gel candle stuff they sell.

They'd make great little forms for holding plaster of paris that you can then imprint with hands, feet, or leafs and then paint and sell them later. lol

Jenn

Old 02-18-2007, 02:22 AM   #3
lefty_mussolini
Send them to me

I am going to be breeding Pyxie Frogs in the future. They can potentially produce 5,000 tadpoles and they ALL need to be seperated because they are cannibalistic.

Other than that... incubate small clutches of eggs, food storage, eat Mac n' Cheese out of them.
That's what I'd do anyway.

Old 02-18-2007, 02:27 AM   #4
ArpeggioAngel
Buy a hole punch and punch holes in them?

Old 02-18-2007, 09:30 AM   #5
El Jefe
Are they the 8oz deli cups? I use those for water dishes with all of my yearlings. They work great...but then you've got the lids....but I've got that solved too. Take all the lids and draw numbers 1-10 and Jack, Queen, King and make your own card deck.

Old 02-18-2007, 10:18 AM   #6
stangs13
Water bowls, send them to stangs to pucn holes in them...etc.!

Old 02-18-2007, 10:26 AM   #7
attackturtle
I bet you could make something yourself to hole them up.. Something as easy as a cheap wood ruler and then put some small nails all the way through and use that as a hammer.

Old 02-18-2007, 10:32 AM   #8
Susan
I always buy deli cups with no holes in them as they are cheaper. I purchased a small soldering iron at Home Depot and put my own holes in them, and I can make the holes as small or as large as I want with no sharp edges.

Old 02-18-2007, 12:01 PM   #9
cassandra
Cheesy wind chimes?

Old 02-18-2007, 12:10 PM   #10
lefty_mussolini
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassandra
Cheesy wind chimes?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google