CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Member Forums > Rich Z's Blatherings
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Rich Z's Blatherings Since Connie and I have retired the SerpenCo business, topics here will focus on topics of a more personal and general nature.

Order Question

Old 07-14-2004, 11:37 PM   #1
Captain Kirk
Order Question

I'm fixing to place my order, I'm looking at some of the 2004 hatchlings and trying to make a final decision. I'm just curious, I won't be using the coupon, is feeding guaranteed on the animals still? Also, can the animals be shipped to a business rather than a residence; as long as someone is their to sign for them ? Thanks!

Old 07-15-2004, 02:09 AM   #2
Rich Z
You know, I have often thought I should change my guarantee to specifically exclude feeding as a health issue, but never got around to doing that. It's actually a rather touchy subject, I think. Everyone would want their animals to feed for them, and I would as well if I received animals from someone else. But honestly, refusal to feed is really often a "snake psychology" problem, rather than a health problem. In most instances, a snake will stop eating because there is something in the change in enviroment that it doesn't like. Heck, I have had snakes stop feeding when I put a hide box in their cage. As soon as I would remove it, they would resume feeding. So imagine how it affects them being shipped to a completely new cage setup.

And I have had enough instances of snakes that were feeding fine before taking them to a show, that upon bringing them back home, they decided they were offended by my trying to sell them, and my punishment was for them to stop feeding until I figured out something to appease their hurt feelings. So they can definitely decide to stop feeding just because they decide they don't want to eat. It's kind of like having a toaster oven that doesn't want to work if you put it too close to the can opener, or if you use a certain brand of bread. It would certainly drive you crazy, but we go through this every year with our baby snakes.

But although I do feel that most problems with a snake refusing to eat are not related to health, I still do stand behind them and will replace any that expire from steadfastly refusing to feed. But I'm not sure exactly what is fair. If the snake feeds twice, then stops, should this be treated the same as a snake that never takes a meal after you have received it? Do I require that you make a decision on "pass" or "fail" within the 30 day guarantee period, or do I just make it open-ended? If it is open-ended, how long should that be for? If a snake feeds sporadically over a period of 6 months and then finally dies, should I be expected to cover that?

Like I said, I do need to address this, but I guess you can see how complicated this actually is if I would need to spell out every little detail. I guess I can say I would be fair about it, but I can see where a problem might arise where my sense of fairness might not match yours. So far I think mostly everyone I have dealt with has felt I have treated them fairly, but I am sure there are some people out there that may not think so. Let's just say that I am in this for the long haul and think that treating people fairly is the key to repeat business. So I do believe that you will be satisfied with doing business with me.

As for shipping to a business, yes, I do that quite frequently. Matter of fact, most shipping companies prefer shipping to a business address rather than a residence.

Did I cover all the bases?

Old 07-15-2004, 04:22 AM   #3
Captain Kirk
Quote:
Like I said, I do need to address this, but I guess you can see how complicated this actually is if I would need to spell out every little detail. I guess I can say I would be fair about it, but I can see where a problem might arise where my sense of fairness might not match yours. So far I think mostly everyone I have dealt with has felt I have treated them fairly, but I am sure there are some people out there that may not think so. Let's just say that I am in this for the long haul and think that treating people fairly is the key to repeat business. So I do believe that you will be satisfied with doing business with me.
Totally agree with you there. What I meant when I said not feeding was if the snake didn't eat at all, versus starting and then stopping.

Quote:
As for shipping to a business, yes, I do that quite frequently. Matter of fact, most shipping companies prefer shipping to a business address rather than a residence.

Did I cover all the bases?
Excellent, thanks for the quick reply .

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google