CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Member Forums > Rich Z's Blatherings
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Rich Z's Blatherings Since Connie and I have retired the SerpenCo business, topics here will focus on topics of a more personal and general nature.

Butter? from Serpenco

Old 09-18-2003, 08:53 PM   #1
carl3
Butter? from Serpenco

Rich,

I got this 02 butter from Serpenco BUT had several people tell me that its not a butter. Instead I am told its a butter outcross or high yellow amel.

Any thoughts?

I love the snake regardless, but for breeding purposes would like to know if it will produce butters if breed with a butter female.

Old 09-18-2003, 10:05 PM   #2
Rich Z
If you got it from me, and I sold it as a Butter Corn, then it is a Butter Corn. Put it next to an Amelanistic Corn and then snap a photo of it. Your photo makes it look very dark. Is there any orange on it? Sometimes the blotches can be a very dark yellowish color, almost butterscotch looking. But there is no orange nor red on a Butter Corn.

Sounds like you ran into a herd of instant experts out there. Ask them exactly how many Butter Corns that have actually seen in person.

If you still have the ID number, send that to me and I will look up the parentage for you. But I have NEVER mistaken an Amelanistic corn for a Butter Corn. Not even once.

BTW, didn't you email me about this a while back? This all sounds familiar to me as well as your photograph.

Old 09-18-2003, 10:49 PM   #3
Taceas
Re:

I don't know who you've been talking to, but it looks like a butter corn to me. Doesn't even look like a regular amelanistic to me. I don't know where they're getting that from at all.

Looks just like a larger version of my '02 Serpenco butter corn:

Old 09-18-2003, 11:35 PM   #4
carl3
WOW

Rich,

Thank you for your reply! I thought it had to be a butter especially since I have never ever seen an amel with such high yellow coloration. The ID# from the invoice was egg022195 but it doesn't matter since I love it and its doing AWESOME! One of my best feeders and fastest growers. I also got a blizzard and hypo het amber from you that are both doing great as well.

I feel that I lucked out with such a high yellow butter corn....he's a keeper!

Keep those great corns coming.

Old 09-19-2003, 01:43 AM   #5
Marcel Poots
I did some Gamma correction on the picture and yes, that definatly looks Butter. I remember seeing the picture for the first time a while ago thinking 'What a special Amel'.

Old 09-19-2003, 01:45 AM   #6
Marcel Poots
Here is the corrected version..

Old 09-19-2003, 01:46 AM   #7
Marcel Poots
Ooppss...

Old 09-19-2003, 02:26 AM   #8
carl3
cool

thanks marcel, that made it a lot clearer...how did you do that?

its amazing how much diff a photo quality can be w/a little altering!

Its one heck of a bright yellow butter...i am curious what the parents look like....??

thank goodness i don't live in florida, otherwise i'd be spending/wasting my days away at rich's facility! .....lol

i could never ever get bored with as many corns as he has!

Old 09-19-2003, 04:51 AM   #9
Marcel Poots
I did it with Irfanview (downloadable from www.irfanview.com). It is a free tool that easily resizes, brightens, sharpens pictures.

Old 09-19-2003, 10:00 AM   #10
CAV
That is most definitely a Butter. Like Taceas said, "Who have you been talking to??"

I have 8 Butters. They vary from a light, neon yellow to a brownish-yellow in the saddles. Here is a Butter Motley that may actually be darker than yours.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google