CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Breeding/Egg Production & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Breeding/Egg Production & Care Any topics concerning breeding of the cornsnake, brumation, egg laying, or issues concerning problems in any step along the way.

Wind Serpents 2017 Planned Pairings

Old 10-19-2016, 01:12 PM   #1
Dragonling
Wind Serpents 2017 Planned Pairings

Because I can't possibly wait until winter to post my projects for next year...I'll just share them now! Last year was my first season, and though I expected it to be a total bust, I did get one hatchling from a single pairing. This year I have 5 planned pairings, and although I will be producing several multi-het animals, I'm hoping for some surprises. Unfortunately the palmetto pairing I wanted to do next year is entirely out of the question at this point. We'll aim for 2018.

x
1. Foxtrot - "Peach" Hypo Lavender w/unknown hets x London - Hypo Lavender het Amel -- Having produced a rather colorful female hatchling last year, I decided this pairing was worth repeating. I have also discovered that Foxtrot is probably NOT motley, as he appears to have nearly invisible belly checkers. We'll find out more when his daughter from last year reaches breeding size.

Expected offspring:

Hypo Lavender 50% het Amel

x
2. Tango - Cayenne Fire x Delta - Buf Tessera 50% het Amel -- This pairing could produce the first quad-dominant-trait corn (RF masque buf tessera), and if Delta's het amel proves out I could have some really interesting babies.

Expected offspring:

Red Factor Masque het Fire
Red Factor Masque + Buf, Tessera, and Buf Tessera, all het Fire
Poss. Habanero (RF Buf Amel) and Habanero Tessera het Diffused

x
3. Tango - Cayenne Fire x India - Anery w/unknown hets -- I bought India on a whim after seeing her at a local show. She has so little yellow, a trait I desire in an anery, and such dark saddles that I had to see what would happen if I brought red factor into play. I will be holding back a male from this clutch to do just that. I'm hoping she is also het amel, as I don't believe the cayenne line has ever intentionally been crossed into snows.

Expected offspring:

Red Factor Masque het Avalanche

x
4. Charlie - Hypo Plasma het Topaz 66% Amel x Emori - Sunkissed w/unknown hets -- Emori was produced by Steve Roylance and her records were lost, leaving us unsure what hets she might be carrying. Knowing Steve's projects, I'm betting there are some fun surprises, so I plan to throw as many genes at her as possible. Knowing lavender is a strong possibility, and with his fantastic hets to boot, Charlie seemed like the obvious choice here. I am also now convinced that Charlie is indeed NOT a strawberry but simply a hypo plasma misidentified visually. If he is unwilling to perform, we will replace him with Foxtrot or Tango.

Expected offspring:

Masque het Hypo Diffused Orchid 50% het Topaz
Poss. Lavender Masque het Hypo Diffused Sunkissed 50% het Topaz

x
5. Mikaeus (formerly Ziggy) - Tessera het Amethyst Amel 50% het Stripe x Avacyn (formerly Ornatia) - Amethyst 50% het Amel Stripe -- When Dustin (DuxorW) offered me this pair, I could not say no! (Though my bank account is HURTING for it!) Amethyst is one of my favorite color morphs, and the chance to produce the first tessera version is too good to pass up. Ziggy's lavender and amel hets already proved out...how amazing would it be if Ornatia's amel het proved as well? And both stripes??

Expected offspring:

Classic (Tessera) het Amethyst
Lava (Tessera) het Lavender
Lavender (Tessera) het Lava
Amethyst (Tessera)
Poss. Opal (Tessera) het Lava, Lavamel (Tessera) het Lavender, Lava Opal (Tessera)

Old 10-19-2016, 02:54 PM   #2
OregonSnake
Sounds like you're going to have some great hatchlings next year! The adults are beautiful too.

What is an amethyst?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 10-19-2016, 04:54 PM   #3
Dragonling
Quote:
Originally Posted by OregonSnake View Post
Sounds like you're going to have some great hatchlings next year! The adults are beautiful too.

What is an amethyst?

Thanks! I'm pretty excited for spring to get here. Amethyst is lava lavender.

Old 02-14-2017, 04:36 PM   #4
Dragonling
Looks like my season has officially started! Really excited about this pair. Crossing fingers and toes for fertility and healthy babies in summer!

Old 02-15-2017, 11:21 AM   #5
Twolunger
You have some beautiful adults and I love the morphs. I hope you have a great breeding season. I know you will share pictures of the hatchlings, and can't wait. I know I'm counting the eggs before they are laid, but that's what we do. LOL.

Old 02-15-2017, 11:43 AM   #6
Dragonling
Thanks, I appreciate it! It is what we do LOL. I catch myself wondering what I'm going to hold back, but knowing how unkind Murphy can be, I think it's best not to get my hopes up just yet!

I'm a little surprised that this inexperienced pair were the first to go, and within minutes of introduction as well. Previously he had showed zero interest in her even though she showed no signs of refusing him, and I wondered if I might have to wait a year for these two to be ready. I think this time he finally took notice!

Tango has also courted India some, but he seemed to lack confidence. We'll try them again in a day or two, and hopefully he's got a grasp on how it works now LOL! She is a little bigger than Delta, and perhaps more intimidating.

Old 02-21-2017, 05:04 PM   #7
OregonSnake
They're both beautiful snakes! What morphs are you hoping to get out of them?

Old 02-27-2017, 11:11 PM   #8
Dragonling
I am expecting all to have a single copy of red factor and masque, some with buf, some tessera, some buf tessera, and hopefully if her het amel proves out, some orange versions of those as well. I am hopeful the pairing of buf, which reduces reds, with red factor, which seems to add it when red should not exist ( E.G. coral ghosts), will give some insights into how the gene actually works. I suspect I will eventually end up with highly intense oranges with a reddish wash, hopefully in tessera as well.

Another pair locked about a week ago. After Charlie my hypo plasma ignored her, I put Foxtrot in with Akiri and they got to business very quickly. I'm a little sad I didn't give Charlie more time to catch on, since he carries so many genes to test her hidden hets, but with my other females still refusing their grooms I got a little impatient.

I'm also exploring the idea of putting my cayenne fire to my hypo lavender to work towards cayenne line RF lavenders, now that my peach male has at least some use this year. I have had requests for more hypo lavender babies though, so I think it might be financially worthwhile to attempt repeating. My female from last year is just stunning, though from what I can tell she is not a peach phase, at least not visually. I also want to be prepared to hold back as many hatchlings as possible from red factor outcrosses.

Old 03-06-2017, 11:05 AM   #9
Dragonling
Since I decided to nix pairing #3 (Tango x India) I've gone ahead and altered my plans for pairing #1 (Foxtrot x London). Since the offspring will be quite easy to differentiate, I am planning to pair London to BOTH Tango and Foxtrot in the hopes I may get babies from both. Either way, I'm letting nature decide what comes of it. I've already gotten one lock from Tango, though my boys seemed have both suddenly lost interest now that she is receptive. Going to try one or the other again tonight. We'll see what happens from here!

Old 03-06-2017, 05:26 PM   #10
DollysMom
Best wishes. I hope your dear scaled ones figure it out for you!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google