• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

2014 Mystic Exotics Cornsnake project (Miami Tessera X Miami-2nd gen.) HATCHLINGS!!!

More babies have emerged!
There are two more Tessera's and one more Miami to emerge, they're just hanging out for now.

I see a few that look like they will look like Brokk. I'm looking forward to their first shed to get a better look!

In order, more pics:

DAI-04 Miami (I'll have to retake a better photo)
DAI-05 Miami Tessera
DAI-06 Miami
DAI-07 Miami Tessera
DAI-08 Miami

Attachments

• 013dai05.jpg
    013dai05.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 59
  • 015dai06.jpg
    015dai06.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 58
  • 017dai07.jpg
    017dai07.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 59
  • 021dai08.jpg
    021dai08.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 57
  • 010dai04.jpg
    010dai04.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 60
This one is most likely going to be a keeper.

DAI-09 Miami Tessera

Three more to emerge (two Tessera's and one more Miami).
I'm looking forward to their first shed!

Attachments

• 024dai09.jpg
    024dai09.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 59
  • 022dai09.jpg
    022dai09.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 59
  • 003dai09.jpg
    003dai09.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 58
Of course I had to check again before going to bed, and both remaining Tessera's emerged. The last Miami is still hanging out in the egg.

DAI-10 Miami Tessera
DAI-11 Miami Tessera (this one was in the huge egg)
DAI-12 Miami

Attachments

• 036dai12.jpg
    036dai12.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 58
  • 029dai11.jpg
    029dai11.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 58
  • 025dai10.jpg
    025dai10.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 58
Last one finally decided to emerge! (S)he was the last to pip, and hung out in the egg for a while.
I think this one is going to have pretty good coloring, similar to the sire.

100% hatch rate, I cannot complain.
I was glad I didn't get any Amels this time around, but I will try to prove out that het on a future pairing.

Attachments

• 003dai12.jpg
    003dai12.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 53
They are beautiful! I'm really new to the realm of snakes, so I'm still trying to wrap my mind on the color of hatchling vs. adults, it's amazing seeing the parents and babies, very educational for newbies like me. Congrats and thanks!

They are beautiful! I'm really new to the realm of snakes, so I'm still trying to wrap my mind on the color of hatchling vs. adults, it's amazing seeing the parents and babies, very educational for newbies like me. Congrats and thanks!

Thank you Carrie! They do change quite a bit from when they hatch.
I noticed Brokk (the sire) had a little bit different look to him, even at first hatching. He was my first pick for a holdback, and I am so glad that I did!

I"ll post some pics of some of the babies that we produced in 2011, before and after.

First is Brokk, the sire to this clutch and my favorite Cornsnake. :)
Just out of the egg, after a couple sheds, and as an adult.

Attachments

• brokkhatch.jpg
    brokkhatch.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 41
  • brokkbaby.jpg
    brokkbaby.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 41
  • 71683_197727_VeryLarge_NVwWyZCbO5PF4.jpg
    71683_197727_VeryLarge_NVwWyZCbO5PF4.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 41
  • 71683_268276_VeryLarge_J6lX5edqRpAVan.jpg
    71683_268276_VeryLarge_J6lX5edqRpAVan.jpg
    191.9 KB · Views: 41
The Dam in Walter Smith's Miami/Candycane clutch is one of our babies, and a sibling to Brokk's.

Here is her hatchling pic, after a couple sheds, and as an adult (Walter's photo).

Most of them turned out more like Walter's female.

Don Soderberg has one of the Miami Tessera's from that clutch as well.

When I borrowed Tara's male Tessera, Taz, I thought that since he was an Okeetee Tessera, that it would take at least a couple generations to get a nice, Miami look.

Needless to say, we were very happy to find that the babies looked so Miami in the first generation!

Attachments

• Waltersmiami.jpg
    Waltersmiami.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 41
  • waltersmiamiT.jpg
    waltersmiamiT.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 41
  • waltersmiamif.jpg
    waltersmiamif.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 41
There are a few babies in this clutch that look like they will look more like Brokk, the sire.

I'm very excited about that!

WOW! The color changed so much! He was so much darker as a baby! As his color changed, the contrast on the pattern is detailed, all that black lining! COOL! Nice pictures, he's one beautiful snake!

WOW! The color changed so much! He was so much darker as a baby! As his color changed, the contrast on the pattern is detailed, all that black lining! COOL! Nice pictures, he's one beautiful snake!
Thanks! I'm very happy with how he turned out!!

I posted this right after, not sure if you saw it.
There are subtle differences in the hatchling pics between my male Brokk, and Walter Smith's female (pictured in the previous post), and how different they turned out as adults.

That's one of the fun things with producing babies, is seeing how they turn out as adults.

The Dam in Walter Smith's Miami/Candycane clutch is one of our babies, and a sibling to Brokk's.

Here is her hatchling pic, after a couple sheds, and as an adult (Walter's photo).

Most of them turned out more like Walter's female.

Don Soderberg has one of the Miami Tessera's from that clutch as well.

When I borrowed Tara's male Tessera, Taz, I thought that since he was an Okeetee Tessera, that it would take at least a couple generations to get a nice, Miami look.

Needless to say, we were very happy to find that the babies looked so Miami in the first generation!

Last edited:
That little hatching looks almost black ... So there's no real way to tell how a baby will grow into adult (just like in the human world), the pattern seems pretty stable, color is more a surprise. If that dark dark hatching turns out to be so colorful, how do you determine which one to hold back from a clutch?

That little hatching looks almost black ... So there's no real way to tell how a baby will grow into adult (just like in the human world), the pattern seems pretty stable, color is more a surprise. If that dark dark hatching turns out to be so colorful, how do you determine which one to hold back from a clutch?

It's easier to tell in person, when looking at the babies.
Sometimes there's just something that catches your eye about. DAI-09, for example, caught my eye, and will be staying with me, at least for a while. There are a few that I think will turn out like the sire, color/sharpness wise.

Apparently I failed to post any more photos of the babies in this thread, but I did start THIS thread, for available babies from this clutch, which have post-shed photos.

This one is most likely going to be a keeper.

DAI-09 Miami Tessera

Three more to emerge (two Tessera's and one more Miami).
I'm looking forward to their first shed!

This is the one I kept, and I am glad I did! She reminded me of her Sire, Brokk, and she is exceeding my expectations of how I thought she'd turn out!

I finally got around to naming her too. LOL
This is "Echo" :)

Attachments

• dai09 (2).JPG
    dai09 (2).JPG
    162 KB · Views: 14
Back