CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Natural History/Field Observation
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Natural History/Field Observation Field observations of corn snakes, field collecting, or just general topics about the natural environment they are found in.

what's this for

Old 12-30-2002, 12:08 AM   #1
wheeler78
what's this for

what is this topic for j/w?

hehe first to post in new topic

Old 12-30-2002, 01:04 AM   #2
Rich Z
I just thought this was a hole in my structure here. There are still corn snakes out in the wild, and some people find that of interest and will actually seek them out. Heck I used to do it all of the time, from the Florida Keys up thru New Jersey.

This is the place to post some collecting notes and observations. The place to discuss the natural side of the corn snakes found in natural (as much as they can be) situations. Maybe even post photographs of those examples found in certain localities.

Old 12-30-2002, 01:10 AM   #3
wheeler78
ahhh ok good idea

Old 02-15-2003, 11:07 AM   #4
CowBoyWay
Mutual of omaha presents.....

...Herping the wild corn snake
Man, that sounds like a bunch of fun to me.
I've never lived where corns range,
so never have had the opportunity to do so.
I may come to Florida later this summer for one of the bigger shows and may have to try to get into that kind of mischief.

I once went herping Rattlesnakes with some wild men vendors on a saturday night when in Tucson for a reptile show.
We found some sheds that were absolutely gigantic, Non herpers from "back east" woulda drove themselves to the airport and got on a plane before chancing an encounter with them big fellas
This one guy road cruises for dead Rattlers to turn them into wallets, keychains and Diamondback covered baseballs.
He misses the days when he could drive around drunk as hell on backroads and go herping if you felt like it. Now they want you to have a hunting license

Old 04-15-2003, 09:45 PM   #5
Chip
I love it!

Great forum, some folks may have corns in their yards regularly! I've moved west and don't see them in these parts, but grew up catching them.
CowBoyWay, you mean it's illeagal to pick up DOA's w/o a hunting liscense!?! Or is it a matter of his driver's liscense! I've got some breeder getting up in years that would make a fine hatband, I've thought many a time. Morbid subject, but if you have nice colubrids, when they have seen their better days; who would you call to make that fine hatband, watchband, what have ya? I've buried a couple over the years I wish I could think about when I opened my billfold (that means wallet in the south) to buy my groceries!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google