CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Natural History/Field Observation
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Natural History/Field Observation Field observations of corn snakes, field collecting, or just general topics about the natural environment they are found in.

home-made traps

Old 09-06-2003, 09:35 AM   #1
mattsnake
Arrow home-made traps

Does anyone have any descriptions or pics. of easy to make snaketraps? No corns up here in the Bay State, so I'm going fo some eastern milks.

I have seen a couple on this rocky hillside, so there deffenetly there. There is also a ton of garters. (i've caught and released about five garter hachtlings this summer)

any help is welcome

Old 09-06-2003, 12:41 PM   #2
CAV
South Mountain has some pics under the misc photo section: trap pics

Here is an old thread that had a pic of a commercially available trap and a rather creative "trap": Acme snake catcher

Old 09-06-2003, 09:07 PM   #3
Chip
If you aren't hunting for anything too big

Cut the top third off of a two liter bottle. Fill base of bottle with dirty mouse bedding. Invert the top so the spout goes inside the bottle's base. Affix with duct tape. It has worked attracting snakes that have gotten loose in my home, so I'd presume it'll work in the field if placed properly...

Old 09-06-2003, 09:34 PM   #4
CornCrazy
Here are some store-bought traps...

that I found while browsing the internet:

http://www.bugspray.com/catalog/traps.html#thirtyfifth

I don't know how well they work, but I thought I'd post them anyway.

Old 09-07-2003, 12:50 AM   #5
kevo26
well my snke trap is my garage. i breed my mice in my garage and so when and if a snake sligthers in to the garage then my dog barks at it tell i come out and catch it. also my dog never attacks them, she wont even touch a hatchling let alone a full grown snake.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google