CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Corn Snake Photo Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Corn Snake Photo Gallery Show them off! Post photos of your prizes and your favorities for everyone else to see and comment on.

Tessera Club!! Post Yours Too!!

Old 02-15-2011, 10:39 AM   #51
SickPyth7
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorro View Post
I guess it's possible, talking to Don yesterday, he felt that some of the tesseras out there are het for stripe. I think there is still a lot of experimenting to do with the tesseras.
John
I agree...at the same time though, many Tesseras out there are carrying unknown hets. Look at Joe Pierce's his is unknown. Which is awsome! I'd love to know that mine has something going on too! The study and research of it all... I'd have to say is what makes this morph so much fun, don't you?

Old 02-15-2011, 11:29 AM   #52
Nanci
It would be pretty simple to flush the suspected stripe hets out, then- just use a striped morph for the fancy new creations instead of one with saddles! I have to say, though, I really love the complex side patterns of the Tesseras, and the more defined they are, the better.

Old 02-15-2011, 11:54 AM   #53
SickPyth7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
It would be pretty simple to flush the suspected stripe hets out, then- just use a striped morph for the fancy new creations instead of one with saddles! I have to say, though, I really love the complex side patterns of the Tesseras, and the more defined they are, the better.
I think I'm going to test it myself along with... I'm sure...most of the other 1st-timer Tessera breeders out there.

Everything Tessera I plan to document, I think theres more to Tessera than meets the eye.

Old 02-15-2011, 03:27 PM   #54
zorro
Hey Justin,
Back farther up on Don's website did you read:
"Long story short; in 2007, I acquired an intriguing corn snake from Graham Criglow he was mistakenly told was a Striped Okeetee. The three unusual corns Graham purchased appeared to be Striped Motley Okeetees, but the paradox was that the founding mutation was Striped; not Motley. These F2s Graham received were expected to be Striped, since they were produced from Striped x Okeetee corns. In addition, the conspicuous solid black scales in all Tesseras is remarkable, considering that even the slightest presence of black is rare (nearly unique) in Motley types. Graham gave me a male, and I immediately began breeding trials.

This was confirmed by Don today, the grandparents of the first tesseras were a striped corn X okeetee so I guess everyone of the tesseras out there have a chance to be het striped.
It only gets better from here.
John

Old 02-15-2011, 04:00 PM   #55
exar15xe
I so wish I could be a part of the club. This morph is stunning. Definitely on my wish list. Awesome snakes everybody. Im green with envy.

Old 02-15-2011, 07:13 PM   #56
SickPyth7
Quote:
Hey Justin,
Back farther up on Don's website did you read:
"Long story short; in 2007, I acquired an intriguing corn snake from Graham Criglow he was mistakenly told was a Striped Okeetee. The three unusual corns Graham purchased appeared to be Striped Motley Okeetees, but the paradox was that the founding mutation was Striped; not Motley. These F2s Graham received were expected to be Striped, since they were produced from Striped x Okeetee corns. In addition, the conspicuous solid black scales in all Tesseras is remarkable, considering that even the slightest presence of black is rare (nearly unique) in Motley types. Graham gave me a male, and I immediately began breeding trials.

This was confirmed by Don today, the grandparents of the first tesseras were a striped corn X okeetee so I guess everyone of the tesseras out there have a chance to be het striped.
It only gets better from here.
John
So the Striped mixed with Okeetee created the Tessera or was the Striped corn origionally a un-named Tessera?

I only ask because I do not understand how a Okeetee (wild type mutation) bred with a recessive trait (Stripe) can produce a dominant trait. Does anyone have pictures of the grandparents that created the F1's which then created the F2's that Graham aquired? I trust all origional parties who started the Tesseras I'm just learning the history, for the science of it

Old 02-15-2011, 07:19 PM   #57
zorro
Quote:
Originally Posted by SickPyth7 View Post
So the Striped mixed with Okeetee created the Tessera or was the Striped corn origionally a un-named Tessera?

I only ask because I do not understand how a Okeetee (wild type mutation) bred with a recessive trait (Stripe) can produce a dominant trait. Does anyone have pictures of the grandparents that created the F1's which then created the F2's that Graham aquired? I trust all origional parties who started the Tesseras I'm just learning the history, for the science of it
Hopefully Graham will tell the story cause he was the one who bought the originals from another person.
John

Old 02-15-2011, 07:27 PM   #58
SickPyth7
Quote:
Hopefully Graham will tell the story cause he was the one who bought the originals from another person.
John
Hey Zorro thank you. I bought my lovely gem from Graham so I'll send him an email. thanks again

Old 02-15-2011, 07:46 PM   #59
StrangeCargo
The guy we got the orig animals from sold them as "Striped Okeetees"...he was a florida breeder who is no longer keeping snakes. He's been contacted multiple times to try and fill in more details but he never does/hard to get any replies from him... Don Soderberg contacted him to try and get the complete history (or his version) for the new upcoming cornsnake book but the guy blew hhim off- claimed he threw his harddrive into a lake... ???? strange huh? I think Don's version of thier history on his website tells about everything we know...

Anyways, he did send up pics-- that was years ago. I lost them in a computer crash. They were small fuzzy pics...hard to see alot... I REALLY WISH those pics were still around. Plus at the time I didn't expect them to be anything more than a striped okeetee project (y'all know how I love my okeetees).

Old 02-15-2011, 08:07 PM   #60
zorro
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeCargo View Post
The guy we got the orig animals from sold them as "Striped Okeetees"...he was a florida breeder who is no longer keeping snakes. He's been contacted multiple times to try and fill in more details but he never does/hard to get any replies from him... Don Soderberg contacted him to try and get the complete history (or his version) for the new upcoming cornsnake book but the guy blew hhim off- claimed he threw his harddrive into a lake... ???? strange huh?
Don told me today that he threw the harddrive into the lake and got rid of all his snakes cause the city he was living in banned all snakes, and yes it is wierd!
John

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google