CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

New Member Introductions Getting more and more new members here, so I think we need a forum for them to introduce themselves. You old timers can do the same, if you would like.

hey hey, may have just made the jammiest purchase ever!!!!

Old 06-29-2011, 02:25 PM   #21
Christen
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPointyhats View Post
Hey peoples,

I'm a newby reptile keeper but have had years of aquatics experience, and surprisingly a lot of the habitat/environment experience is quite transferable!

Ive had fluffy, my CbAug10 carolina/normal corn since end of last yr, shes a proper monster feeder and I'm totally in love! I say her, I was "reliably" informed fluffy was a she but I do intend to have her probed for confirmation! Any advice on this would be most welcome! I have no intention of doing this myself!!! I'm in t'Hull in the uk. I have been informed that I over feed her, she's taking, 1 x rat pup + 1or2 x hoppers depending if she's still "hunting" after the first every friday, last measurement put her at 26" but that was at least 6wks ago! She's not noticeably fat, and is active and unrestricted in her movements. VVVVVVVery friendly and alert! Yes a snake that is less than a year old should only be eating 1 fuzzy maybe 1 hopper per week.

The "Jammiest purchase" I mentioned is a pair of snakes that used to belong to another member here and an ex friend, consisting of Fluffys "sister" (do excuse the overuse of quotation marks but lots of "possibles" in the details!! lol) which is likely going to be coming up for sale soon, once im confortable with its condition PLUS a beautiful snake which some time ago I identified for the previous owner as an Anery Upperkeys, though the Anery maybe dubious as its colouration is lightening as it ages so more likely a ghost! PICS WILL BE FOLLOWING before somebody asks, lol. Both for an undisclosed amount of money (undisclosed as if my other half truely new how much I spend on my animals I would be missing certain vital organs!!! lol) but still far less than i would have paid for the Upperkeys alone!!!! (hope the seller doesnt see that!!! he he he).

From what I can gather the Upperkeys is about the same age as Fluffy but at least half her size, Now I know this is asked often and usually starts a raging bitch fight amongst certain members but as I'm going to do it! Why? What would be the most adviceable process for introducing the Upperkeys to Fluffy? Don't do it! It is not worth the possible risks to your snakes. I'm thinking of leaving the two new introductions who have happily lived together for quite some time, in a rub inside Fluffys viv, this would allow them to smell and see each other without contact, This would probably just stress fluffy out because she can smell but not see the other snake.obviously with suitable cover and hides inside the rub...Discuss...oh and before the obvious is said I will suitably adjust the Upperkeys feeding programme to allow it to grow to full potential, as at the moment the upperkeys would make a nice stomach filling snack for fluffy!!!There is you answer right there, plus you do not know the for genders of the snakes so you might end up a gravid female.

I will stop now as I'm waffling! thanks in advance peoples,

David
Does that answer all of your questions?

Old 06-29-2011, 02:31 PM   #22
starsevol
So, we are being mean and horrible because we told you that snakes can lead miserable tortured lives, and possibly die by being housed in a manner in which they are naturally not accustomed.
But you want to do it anyway, for whatever reason, and cause possible injury or death to your snake.

Living singley has never killed a snake, so why even chance it?
What possible reason could you have that would be good enough?

Old 06-29-2011, 02:34 PM   #23
diamondlil
Again, without prejudice, what possible benefit would cohabbing bring for your snakes? How big will their enclosure be? What sort of set up, how many hides?

Old 06-29-2011, 02:35 PM   #24
Susan
Quote:
I had asked for help! Im removing myself from this forum as help is the last thing your interested in giving obviously! Oh and perhaps you should put up a list of bigotry on the front page as it would save those of us who would like actual advice being nieve enough to expect it! WTF is trolling anyway????
You asked for help with something that the experts advise not to do. What did you expect? If you want to go against all that the corn snake breeders that literally wrote the books on corn snake care say about cohabitation (Kathy Love, Don Soderberg and Rich Zuchowski, to throw some names out there), then be our guest and simply put your snakes together. There simply are no recommendations concerning how to introduce a new snake into the tank of another one. As an analogy, it is recommended that you do not stick a knife into a live electrical outlet. You say that you know this already, but ask anyway what the best method is to stick a knife into a live electrical outlet. The only reasonable conclusion anyone on this forum can conclude is that you purposely made your request in order to stir things up...to troll.

Oh, and your inexperience concerning corn snakes is obvious by your simple questioning of your anery Upper Keys' genetics. If you knew anything, you would know that the Upper Keys corns are noted for their natural light, hypo-like coloration.

Old 06-29-2011, 02:43 PM   #25
MrPointyhats
Was exactly the sort of information I expected To receive diamondlil! Starsevol read your own tagline then reconsider your attitude! Cmalchow no it doesnt it just re-enforces your opinion! And misses out the probing question! Petty begets petty! RITE HOW DO I LEAVE THIS GROUP? AND PLEASE FOR ONCE IN YOUR LIVES BE HELPFUL!

Old 06-29-2011, 02:48 PM   #26
MrPointyhats
My sincerest apologies susan! I hadnt realised that an indepth understanding of colubrid genetics and the mystical art of morph names was a prerequisite of being a member! As it stands the information on morphology terminology appears to be vague and as opinion based as this tirade!

Old 06-29-2011, 02:50 PM   #27
diamondlil
Quote:
Was exactly the sort of information I expected To receive diamondlil!
I asked pertinent questions, asking for supporting information from you. In a reasonable manner. I do have a little experience in keeping snakes. I have much more experience in seeking and getting help from members on here with more knowledge forgotten than I've accrued.
As for leaving I'm sure the moderators can oblige you in your wish to leave

Old 06-29-2011, 02:54 PM   #28
starsevol
Poor poor fluffy....sounds to me like she is about to be dropped into snakey hell....

Old 06-29-2011, 03:00 PM   #29
MrPointyhats
Right i have just reviewed your posts diamondlil and at no point have you asked for supporting evidence! The questions posed are clearly retorical and made more as statements! I dont doubt your capacity as an "expert" or for gleaning information! I would note also that your final line is as much unhelpful as starsevols passive aggressive sarcasm! I was.....actually im sick of this......

Old 06-29-2011, 03:11 PM   #30
Christen
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondlil View Post
Again, without prejudice, what possible benefit would cohabbing bring for your snakes? How big will their enclosure be? What sort of set up, how many hides?
I am sorry you must have missed it.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google