CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

New Member Introductions Getting more and more new members here, so I think we need a forum for them to introduce themselves. You old timers can do the same, if you would like.

Newbie snake owner and new forum member! :-)

Old 10-26-2011, 06:54 PM   #41
juliegarner
aww she is georgous jenna :-)

Old 10-26-2011, 08:48 PM   #42
visceralrepulsion
yeah i mean them being active at night, makes sense right? but i only rarely hear/see my snakes out at night even. im like, whats the deal? i know this time of year they all tend to slow down do to their mental clock, and the impending winter, but this has been the entire year ive had them. minus the 127 days my male fasted and was out and about and alllllllover his tank during mating season haha. i almost cant wait for mating season again! it was neat to see him so active...i just hated him not eating, worried me sick.

Old 10-27-2011, 02:56 AM   #43
JennaJ
Post-shed pictures! Look at my baby!

The colors aren't perfectly true-to-life or anything, but you can definitely see how much she changed after just the one shed. I took her picture again on the same towel so it would be easy to compare. Look how black she was before! She's browning up nicely You guys told me she'd change after each shed, but I had no idea!

Not sure of her hatch date, but I suspect it was probably in August. (She's a BHB baby!) So I guess this would have been her 2nd shed.

In the observant words of my husband: "She's so shiny..."

Old 10-27-2011, 02:59 AM   #44
JennaJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by visceralrepulsion View Post
this may be a silly and undaunted question, but ive seen it discussed so much i have to ask...why are neither of my snakes very active? both have thermostat controlled temps, a nice size tank with a nice setup, etc etc, yet they both only come out rarely at night, or to grab a drink....is there something im missing besides the obvious? when i take them out theyre both active, healthy appearing, eat fine, handle well, and nothing seems array. i know its common for hatchlings to hide after settling in, but ALL the time? and now the one is nearing a year old and the other is full grown. i just want the best for my snakes, and if theres something someone can suggest, or something im missing, then id gladly take the advice.
I've noticed Sneak actually coming out less and less lately, and she just shed last week so I know it's not that... So, I guess she's settling in? I'd be interested to hear what people have to say about this. It's my first snake, so I don't a nice big sample size to go off of like some people here

Old 10-27-2011, 08:07 AM   #45
visceralrepulsion
shes very pretty jenna. look at that opalescent shimmer on her head! so cute. and i only have the two snakes to go off of, one i rescued as an adult, and one i got as a hatchling at a mere couple of months old. so its hard for me to compare and contrast too. i can only go by what ive read from other owners and about their behavior, and nothing im doing seems to be "wrong" per say. im atleast glad they dont disdain handling. they seem to be very curious and intuitive when handled, and very much at ease. theyre probably coming out more often when im sleeping than i realize too. once in awhile ill hear one of them out and about during the night, but i dont always crawl out of my comfy bed to see who it is making the ruckus =p.

Old 10-27-2011, 09:38 AM   #46
juliegarner
fab pics she is pretty x

Old 10-30-2011, 08:54 PM   #47
JennaJ
Second weigh-in tonight: She put on a little over a gram in about a week! HA! This is fun

Old 10-31-2011, 12:23 AM   #48
JennaJ
Hee hee hee hee

It's a scaled image (made smaller) of a scale with a scaly individual on it. I can hear you all ing and at me right now.

Old 11-02-2011, 08:20 PM   #49
enchantress62
Hi Jenna, Sneaky is really beautiful and OMG! What great pictures you have taken of her. I envy you that ability. I can't take a decent picture to save my soul. lol I'm so new to this that I have no advice for you but I did enjoy your pictures and wanted to tell you how great I think she looks.

Old 11-02-2011, 09:31 PM   #50
schnebbles
Sneak is very nice looking! I have an anery too but he is black and silverish. I can't seem to get good pics either. I have to figure out the micro mode on my camera.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google