CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Corn Snake Photo Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Corn Snake Photo Gallery Show them off! Post photos of your prizes and your favorities for everyone else to see and comment on.

Introducing: Sir Seamus! (And his progression thread!)

Old 01-04-2015, 12:17 PM   #41
Zeina
Thumbs up New photos!

Yay! New photos of Seamus, freshly shed and sassy!
He did a perfect full shed about 48hrs ago!
Found a skull in my local pet store, ON SALE for like, 6 bucks. I was like SOLD. Seamus has been going in and out of the eye sockets since I put it in there, he seems to love it. He's getting so big and growing into such a beautiful snake! His personality is showing more and more, and he's such a joy to me! I don't know if I'd have time for more than 2 snakes, since I can't stop taking pictures and holding the one I do have lol

Old 01-04-2015, 12:19 PM   #42
Zeina
PS- I LOVE that first photo of him- Like he's embarrassed lol "haaayy!"

Old 01-21-2015, 04:14 PM   #43
Zeina
Thumbs up Expert Camouflage!

And here, we see the hard-to-spot amel motley, bright red and orange in color, expertly camouflaging himself in bright green plastic foliage. What an elusive creature!

Old 01-21-2015, 04:21 PM   #44
Tavia
He is getting big and looking good!

Old 01-21-2015, 04:27 PM   #45
Zeina
<3 Ty! He gets better and better, Tavia.
He's still flighty, but once I get him in my hands, he's perfect.
He's doing really well, couldn't have asked for a cooler snake.

Old 01-21-2015, 04:29 PM   #46
Zeina
While you're hanging around here, Tavia, I have a question:

On the very top of his head, almost between his eyes, is a spot of stuck shed... I was able to get a little bit of it off, but the rest won't come off- Do I just wait until he has his next shed to see if it comes off with that, or should I soak him? I wasn't sure of the soaking because it's on his head and obviously I can't hold him under water lol or do I take a moist washcloth and try to gently rub it off?

Old 01-21-2015, 04:41 PM   #47
Tavia
You can try to get it off with either a washcloth or Q-tip but most snakes are pretty head shy and not likely to let you mess around too much in that area.
It is probably fine to leave it and it will probably come off with his next shed. What you want to watch out for with stuck shed, is if it's in an area that can be constricted as the old skin contracts and dries. If the area is getting constricted or might be and you can't get it off, putting a little bit of olive oil on it will help keep it pliable until the next shed, when it should hopefully come off.

You can also put him in a small container with a damp washcloth for 20-30 minutes and it's possible he can get it off himself by borrowing through the damp cloth.

Old 01-21-2015, 05:50 PM   #48
Zeina
Ok excellent!
What I think I'll do is wait until his next shed, because it's coming soon, and see if it comes off with that. If it doesn't, I'll go ahead and put him in his travel box with the moist washcloth.
Thank you dearest!

Old 02-08-2015, 06:54 PM   #49
Zeina
Thumbs up New pics!

Here's my main man, newly shed (As of about 36 hours ago) and full of a fat mouse!
He's just... isn't he a stunning example of a corn snake?? His coloring is SOOO vivid after he sheds, I can't believe what a huge difference it is. He's so beautiful and such a cool little guy.

** Spoiler alert: He may or may not have a girlfriend coming in the very near future! ** (Reptiday on Feb 14th is about to meet my tax return!)

Double take (He knows he's handsome!)

Old 02-09-2015, 11:12 AM   #50
Elsa
Awesome pictures! He is beautiful!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google