CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

New Member Introductions Getting more and more new members here, so I think we need a forum for them to introduce themselves. You old timers can do the same, if you would like.

First time snake owner. Loving it!

Old 08-24-2015, 06:58 PM   #51
Dragonling
Quote:
Originally Posted by DollysMom View Post
Slinky seems to be on the larger side, but there is no clear correlation between age and size so Slinky is Slinky sized.
Aye, this is the truth of it. I held two 6-month-old siblings today from the same clutch. One was about 17-20g, the other probably no more than 8-9g. The smaller one had refused a few meals here and there, which ended up making a pretty big difference.

Old 08-24-2015, 07:37 PM   #52
Haight
Man, Slinky is huge then. He is easily 11-12g by now any just today turned a month old.

Old 08-24-2015, 09:21 PM   #53
Zombiegirl
Welcome! I love the enthusiasm of new snake owners He is adorable! You've certainly come to the right place for the best help out there (which I'm sure you've already gathered )

Old 08-24-2015, 11:06 PM   #54
Haight
Ok, so big change! I couldn't pass up a deal today for a 40B. It is a Zilla critter cage with the sliding top and it was only $60! Yes, I know, young snakes can get stressed out in that large of an area, however, I have now got him a whopping 13 hides! (6 of which are paper towel rolls =p). If I find that he is showing signs of stress then I will place a piece of plexiglass in the middle of it until he is larger. I can't imagine it will be too stressful...at least not as stressful as being out in the wide open world! But come on!? $60!!!

Old 08-24-2015, 11:07 PM   #55
Zombiegirl
From "irrational fear" (which is how I got my first snake also...I would run screaming from them, then got my very first one who has since passed away...and now have 6 of various species ) to spoiling him ROTTEN! Which is awesome

Old 08-24-2015, 11:24 PM   #56
Haight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiegirl View Post
From "irrational fear" (which is how I got my first snake also...I would run screaming from them, then got my very first one who has since passed away...and now have 6 of various species ) to spoiling him ROTTEN! Which is awesome
I was quite running and screaming, but definitely didn't want to touch one. Now I can't wait to take him out every day.

Oh, did I mention that the 40B is brand new and still in the packaging!?!?

Old 08-25-2015, 09:59 AM   #57
XenDrgn
Large cages are less about stress, more about escapability. Just make sure you check all seals.

Old 08-25-2015, 10:18 AM   #58
DollysMom
That was a great deal! Your snake will be fine in there, especially with all those hides. The hides are the important thing, not the size of the glass box.

I also love your enthusiasm. One of the reasons I love this place is that no one asks, "You love a what?" Or thinks you are crazy for doing so. Corn snakes are beyond precious. Frankly, I love my Dolly so much. He's the greatest pet and brings a huge amount of joy to my life. There is no doubt how much you care for Slinky. If they had little fingers, we'd definitely be wrapped around them.

Old 08-25-2015, 11:39 AM   #59
Haight
Quote:
Originally Posted by XenDrgn View Post
Large cages are less about stress, more about escapability. Just make sure you check all seals.
I double and triple checked everything. There is a small spot in the corner that I can squeeze a pencil into, so I have that taped off for now until he gets bigger.

Old 08-25-2015, 11:43 AM   #60
Haight
Quote:
Originally Posted by DollysMom View Post
That was a great deal! Your snake will be fine in there, especially with all those hides. The hides are the important thing, not the size of the glass box.

I also love your enthusiasm. One of the reasons I love this place is that no one asks, "You love a what?" Or thinks you are crazy for doing so. Corn snakes are beyond precious. Frankly, I love my Dolly so much. He's the greatest pet and brings a huge amount of joy to my life. There is no doubt how much you care for Slinky. If they had little fingers, we'd definitely be wrapped around them.
Thanks! I completely agree with you. Wrapped around their tails maybe? I do enjoy having a place that I can converse with people about my love for him without getting any sort of harassment. Good to know that you guys think he will be OK in there. The family is going to be working on making him a few more hides today, even though I found him curled up under the substrate this morning in the middle of the Viv away from any hide.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google