CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

New Member Introductions Getting more and more new members here, so I think we need a forum for them to introduce themselves. You old timers can do the same, if you would like.

I'm new and ready to learn!

Old 12-20-2015, 09:20 PM   #11
Gusku
don't have morph picked out yet. leaning toward classic.

Old 12-20-2015, 10:25 PM   #12
jacobking101
Welcome! I think you should consider blizzard corn snakes!

Old 12-20-2015, 10:26 PM   #13
Gusku
I definitely have! But they are a bit to pricy. The deal was my parents would by the snake and I would pay for everything else.

Old 12-20-2015, 10:37 PM   #14
Gusku
I also have questions about setup. such as, What is the ideal setup as far as tank size, hides, and climbing structures?

Old 12-20-2015, 10:47 PM   #15
DollysMom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gusku View Post
I also have questions about setup. such as, What is the ideal setup as far as tank size, hides, and climbing structures?
This will answer most of your questions:

http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28341

Old 12-20-2015, 11:04 PM   #16
DollysMom
Now that you've read the FAQ, many of us stay away from UV lighting. Many of us have no extra light on the tank (viv) at all. Your snake needs darkness at night. Many of us use undertank heaters with a thermostat and have at least a warm hide and a cool hide. Fresh water is essential and should be placed away from the heater. Fake vines and plants provide additional hides and corn snakes will climb on them. Aspen or other safe bedding provides more hiding places. Never use pine or cedar as bedding (aka substrate). There is more, but these are some highlights.

Old 12-21-2015, 12:48 AM   #17
Gusku
Thanks so much! I think I am as prepared as I'll ever be. Is petsmart an okay place to buy my corn snake from? If not, is there a preferred breeder that I should use?

Old 12-21-2015, 04:17 AM   #18
Falcj
A 10 gallon is adequate for a baby corn ... When they get bigger a 20 gallon long should be adequate how ever a little bigger won't hurt. Just make sure you have a screen top that is secured as snakes are great escape artists.. 😀

Old 12-21-2015, 08:03 AM   #19
jacobking101
Petsmart and Petco are a bad place to buy animals. They tell you no information about the animal. Often they are under fed and maybe even sick! The employees fill you up with false information. Many people on this website buy online. Most of the time there isn't a good breeder in someone's area.

Old 12-21-2015, 08:27 AM   #20
kdickens
Hi Gusku ... again!
I know ordering a snake on line is not what you want to hear, but sometimes it's the best method. There are many more snakes available to you this way, instead of hoping Petco has something you may like, or something you'll have to settle for. I got mine from South Mountain Reptiles and the breeder has an excellent reputation. There are many breeders that frequent this forum.
As far as ... "I also need help getting my mom used to the idea." .... you're on your own!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google