CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

New Member Introductions Getting more and more new members here, so I think we need a forum for them to introduce themselves. You old timers can do the same, if you would like.

I'm new and ready to learn!

Old 12-30-2015, 11:14 PM   #51
claire.chapman11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gusku View Post
His name is Rick! He is a classic baby. I did get him from petsmart. When I held him, he was very attentive and seemed very used to handling. He had eaten the night before and I do not see any shedding issues. eyes were clear and I feel like he is really healthy! (Not sure on gender) Got him set up and he is busy exploring his new home! I will add picks when I figure out how.
Congrats! Pet stores are not always as bad as people say. I work at one and all of our reptiles come from reptiles by Mack, a very reputable breeder that many people on this forum have bought from. I'm glad you're happy with your new little guy

Sent from my XT1042 using Tapatalk

Old 12-30-2015, 11:32 PM   #52
nicolefowler2005
Bella came from Petsmart and she is gorgeous, healthy and growing like a weed the only thing I have against some pet stores are when they have people that don't know what they are talking about giving people bad advice!! When I got Bella they for one told me she was a garter snake, which I knew better but they also had no Belly heat for her, had no idea how old she was or when she ate last!! I think I just got a less than perfect employee but who knows, she also told me to feed her fish lol

Nicole

Old 12-30-2015, 11:35 PM   #53
claire.chapman11
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolefowler2005 View Post
Bella came from Petsmart and she is gorgeous, healthy and growing like a weed the only thing I have against some pet stores are when they have people that don't know what they are talking about giving people bad advice!! When I got Bella they for one told me she was a garter snake, which I knew better but they also had no Belly heat for her, had no idea how old she was or when she ate last!! I think I just got a less than perfect employee but who knows, she also told me to feed her fish lol

Nicole
Oh wow. If it WAS a garter you could feed it fish, but I hope that's not what they were feeding her. My garter came from my workplace, and she hadn't eaten in months because she wouldn't take pinkies and they didn't know garters eat fish. They even tried feeding her crickets. So glad I came in and not only got her eating, but took her home.

Old 12-31-2015, 01:42 AM   #54
Gusku
Having a small dilemma. I know they need heating pad, but mine gets unbelievably hot, The side with the heat lamp is upper 80s, side with nothing is 75. I have the temp probe in the substrate. so not air temp. Am I ok?

Old 12-31-2015, 01:43 AM   #55
claire.chapman11
Those temps are fine. You should go on amazon and get a cheap thermostat for the heat pad. The hydrofarm ones are really good and are less than $30.

Old 12-31-2015, 02:19 AM   #56
ballpythoncrazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolefowler2005 View Post

I got this beautiful girl at a Petsmart

Nicole

Wow that corn snake is pretty!

Old 12-31-2015, 02:20 AM   #57
Gusku
You can clip the thermostat onto the pad? Weird!

Old 12-31-2015, 02:22 AM   #58
claire.chapman11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gusku View Post
You can clip the thermostat onto the pad? Weird!
Mine has a place to plug the pad into. It also has a probe to put between the pad and the bottom of the tank so it can control the temps

Old 12-31-2015, 02:54 AM   #59
Gusku
Thanks for the info! The thermostat sound manageable! I'll look into it.

Old 12-31-2015, 02:59 AM   #60
Gusku
Found it! Awesome! Looks like I found the answer to my problem!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google