CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

New Member Introductions Getting more and more new members here, so I think we need a forum for them to introduce themselves. You old timers can do the same, if you would like.

I'm new and ready to learn!

Old 12-31-2015, 10:21 AM   #61
Gusku
I have another question. I think my snake is really stressed. He hasn't left the hide on the warm side for a very long time. Like all night. I was up very late playing on the computer and checked on him about every two hours. Every time I checked, he was in his hide, curled up in a tight ball. He fits well in the hide and the tem in the hide is around 85. Will he be ok?

Old 12-31-2015, 10:28 AM   #62
Dragonling
A hidden hatchling is a happy hatchling. Most young snakes will only come out to roam if they know for sure that the coast is clear. I've frequently caught my hatchling out and about in the evening when I walk into the room and turn on the light. He typically will freeze, in normal corn snake fashion ("I'm a stick, I'm a stick..."), then when he thinks I'm not watching scurry off into seclusion for the rest of the evening.

Old 12-31-2015, 10:33 AM   #63
DollysMom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gusku View Post
Found it! Awesome! Looks like I found the answer to my problem!
You won't be sorry. I have two of those thermostats and all I really do I monitor them once they are set.

Reptiles by Mack was mentioned as a supplier to PetSmart. I got my Cleo from Reptiles by Mack at a large expo (Tinley). Ultimately all captive bred snakes come from breeders.

I'm so excited about your getting Rick. I can't wait to hear more about him.

Old 12-31-2015, 10:44 AM   #64
Gusku
Thanks for quelling my fear! He is the prettiest thing! Held him at the store, he was the first one they handed me. I told them to pack him up and we would be on our way! My mom even looked at him when I showed him to her! He will be a wonderful addition to our family!

Old 12-31-2015, 11:20 AM   #65
Gusku
I think he finally came out of hiding! I don't wan to check the hide though, might make him uncomfortable. But I don't see him in it just by looking, He must be exploring! Yay!

Old 12-31-2015, 11:44 AM   #66
nicolefowler2005
This same thing happens to everyone with a baby they love to hide while your around and come out when your asleep! If you look at some of my first posts they were me freaking out thinking something was wrong but the people on this forum are amazing and very knowledgeable, they put me at ease pretty quick!! Just remember that these guys are escape artists even though you don't see them much at first believe me they are moving around when your not looking!! I actually put a camera up to record while I was asleep and got to watch my little hider in action, she came out about an hour after I went to bed and was exploring like crazy

Nicole

Old 12-31-2015, 11:45 AM   #67
Gusku
Awesome! Thanks for keeping me out of a heart attack!

Old 01-02-2016, 07:18 PM   #68
Gusku
I held rick! It has been three days since I brought him home and I figured that after catching him out and about three or four times, he was pretty acclimated. I reached in and picked him up. He was very calm about it and really at ease. I was really happy, I only held him for about three minutes before letting him back into his tank. We are off to a great start!

Old 01-02-2016, 08:22 PM   #69
DollysMom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gusku View Post
I held rick! It has been three days since I brought him home and I figured that after catching him out and about three or four times, he was pretty acclimated. I reached in and picked him up. He was very calm about it and really at ease. I was really happy, I only held him for about three minutes before letting him back into his tank. We are off to a great start!
Sounds totally awesome

Old 01-03-2016, 12:55 PM   #70
Gusku
The weird thing is, his belly has orange checkers instead of black. Kind of different. Will they turn black as he gets older?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google