CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > DIY Projects
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

DIY Projects Use this forum to post threads related to home made projects for your corns... Vivariums, hides, decorations, accessories, you name it. Anything to save some bucks or give your personalized touch.

So excited!

Old 06-27-2016, 11:51 PM   #1
Zeina
Talking So excited!

I had to share my find!!
Found these two amazing cages locally on Craigslist.
I NEVER see these things in my area, there's not a ton of interest in reptile keeping around here as of yet.
So when I saw these I snatched them up!
This lady is moving and selling a bunch of vivariums and cages and other snake stuff. I am so glad I got to her in time.

They're pretty big and perfect to house my boys in- The best news? Only $280 for BOTH cages. I could not pass that up even though I'm broke lol I was looking to get some online come Tax season because these vivs get EXPENSIVE for the uncreative and non-carpenters like myself.

I cannot wait to get them tomorrow and set them up in the living room and have my gorgeous stunners on display.
These are lighter than the 20longs and much much easier to clean and care for. They are stackable and have locks on the sliding front to prevent Tom the Escape Artist from leaving. I love the sliding front, it's going to be so much easier to clean and get my boys in and out of!

I just had to share my nerdy excitement because you guys are the only ones who understand!
I will post pictures on here as soon as I get the boys situated and in their new homes. Can't wait!

Old 06-28-2016, 12:59 AM   #2
KaylaEliuk
Great find! Those types of enclosures can get pretty expensive. Can't wait to see them all set up

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

Old 06-28-2016, 01:29 AM   #3
Zeina
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaylaEliuk View Post
Great find! Those types of enclosures can get pretty expensive. Can't wait to see them all set up

I know right?
I have been on the hunt for these things for a while, I just couldn't afford to spend the money on them. I saw these priced to sell quickly and I jumped on it. I'm really happy and excited to get them. I can even add some lighting in there so it'll be really awesome once I get them all set up!

Old 06-28-2016, 01:51 AM   #4
albertagirl
Great price! Super good catch. Can't wait to see how they look all set up.

And then... you know... you'll have two empty cages just sitting there looking all lonely and stuff. And it's not like it takes any more space to set those empty cages on top of these stacking cages. Time to start shopping for some new morphs! LMAO

Old 06-28-2016, 01:55 AM   #5
Zeina
Quote:
Originally Posted by albertagirl View Post
Great price! Super good catch. Can't wait to see how they look all set up.

And then... you know... you'll have two empty cages just sitting there looking all lonely and stuff. And it's not like it takes any more space to set those empty cages on top of these stacking cages. Time to start shopping for some new morphs! LMAO
DO NOT let my boyfriend see this! Lol! He is like "Once you get these cages, we are selling the 20gallons"
He thinks 2 dogs, 2 snakes and a hamster is "Way too many animals."
I said Pppsshhh you knew what you were getting into when you started dating me. 5 animals is NOTHING compared to what I used to keep lol.
As it is I'm trying to wear him down into getting a third snake when Roylance's babies start popping out. I'll get him lol

Old 06-30-2016, 01:49 AM   #6
Zeina
Finally in!

Got them all set up!
The boys seem to like them, they were out exploring prior to this photo.
I spent a good half hour disinfecting the cages and their accessories, and checking the temps. The cages are PVC and super light weight and awesome. They are now on display in my living room, and I am so happy with them.

Old 06-30-2016, 01:56 AM   #7
KaylaEliuk
Nice! I can't really tell in the picture, are the sliding doors locked somehow?

Old 06-30-2016, 07:38 AM   #8
Zeina
Yes there's a little plastic key that holds them in place. It's pretty awesome.

Old 06-30-2016, 01:54 PM   #9
DLena
They are great!!! And your bf needs to just give up and give in...lol. My 12 year old nephew has practically moved in here because of the snakes, and my 19 year old son gives me "the look" and just walks away.

Old 06-30-2016, 04:20 PM   #10
Pilarcoder
Those are awesome I was just looking at their website I'm very much thinking about getting some because I want to expand I only have one sneaky friend but I want so many more and don't have room for lots of vivs, my only question is is there lighting in them or space for lighting? Hard to tell from the pictures lol

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google