CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Natural History/Field Observation
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Natural History/Field Observation Field observations of corn snakes, field collecting, or just general topics about the natural environment they are found in.

Wouldn't it be amazing

Old 12-30-2002, 04:40 PM   #1
bmm
Wouldn't it be amazing

If someone could make a film much like other wildlife films where they follow a group of wild caught corns for a season. Alhtough I don't know how this could be accomplished other than tagging them in some way, it would surely be amazing to watch and see the wild behaviours vs. captive.

Although maybe this already exsists? Or maybe its a stupid idea.

I am really interested in the wild snakes myself and glad this area is here. I wish I didn't live in Canada or else I'd be out right now working on my corn movie. *LOL*

bmm

Old 12-31-2002, 09:27 AM   #2
Psomion
Indeed that would be quite a show. I never thought of filming anything with wilds (then again i don't really do much filming of anything) but def a swell idea. I'm taking a trip to their home this spring (close to salisbury nc) perhaps i'll bring a camera and take some extra notes and such. If we could get some of those kindly southerners to do a better study that'd be ever more swell. For my truck to get there and back again cost $112 of gas, and thats not so hot for the planet to be doing often (and i can't afford it). There is clearly alot of research done on these critters, but i know as a group (the people who read this and have a passion for this breed of snake) we could discover much, and help preserve them and understand them. I'll stop now.

Old 01-23-2003, 05:21 PM   #3
Jimmy C.
That is a GREAT idea!! I have often wondered if there was a video out about corns.
I would buy it!!
Jimmy C.

Old 02-08-2003, 03:51 AM   #4
Stewart
I'll have to add that to my list for when I start producing my own videos. Any other ideas and suggestions?

Old 02-08-2003, 03:55 AM   #5
bmm
well

If you are doing reptile stuff....a full documentary or wild life film on Green Iguanas in the wild, their behaviours, eating habits, the way they may or may not act with local humans, breeding behaviour, social, everything.

I haven't seen one good film on wild green iguanas which is a pity since they are so exploited in the pet industry the least someone could do is try and educate us about their wild habits so we can take better care of our rescues!!!!

bmm

Old 02-08-2003, 04:39 AM   #6
Stewart
Another great idea. I guess the number of topics and species is endless.

Old 06-24-2003, 02:21 AM   #7
clumsly
not a bad idea.

Old 06-24-2003, 09:23 AM   #8
Scorpionking
That will be amazing...

Old 08-18-2003, 01:21 PM   #9
mattsnake
I'm surprised there isn't a documentery on elaphe g. g. considering their arguably the most popular snake in the world!

Old 08-24-2003, 06:08 PM   #10
carl3
Looking for corns...finding indigos??

I thought I read somewhere that someone tried tagging eastern indigos to find out where they go to lay eggs or breed, since very little is known about them...In fact I remember reading something that says no one has ever found an Indigo nest/eggs in the wild yet (i could be wrong though). Anyway, it would be cool to see where some of the rare and elusive snake species disappear to in the cooler months. Especially corn snakes in NJ! Anyone ever find indigos in Florida while looking for corns???

"If someone could make a film much like other wildlife films where they follow a group of wild caught corns for a season. Alhtough I don't know how this could be accomplished other than tagging them in some way, it would surely be amazing to watch and see the wild behaviours vs. captive.
Although maybe this already exsists? Or maybe its a stupid idea.
I am really interested in the wild snakes myself and glad this area is here. I wish I didn't live in Canada or else I'd be out right now working on my corn movie. *LOL*
bmm"

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google