CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

New Member Introductions Getting more and more new members here, so I think we need a forum for them to introduce themselves. You old timers can do the same, if you would like.

For New Guy!!!MUST READ

Old 09-21-2008, 08:10 PM   #61
Jimmysan00
i admit i messed up and i was taking advantage of the system. I first told her what to say for me, and then i started logging in myself and taking matters in my own hands and i am ashamed. It was pretty pitiful that i had to do this. I understand where all of you are coming from, but jay i don't need your 2 cents at all thanks, because your post was weak. Once again i would like to say sorry, especially to those of you that backed me up and helped me out and also felt i was getting picked on in the forums. Hopefully i will get to make things right, and prove to you all i'm not really a lying, two faced person. I got so caught up in wanted to be accepted by the cs community that i lost sight of the purpose of this forum. It's not a popularity contest or how many posts you have or how many rep power points you've got. And i thought that's what it was all about, but now i know that's not true. I see people who get a lot of respect at CS that don't have over 1,000 posts or over 300 rep points. And i'd like to make things right. Thanks and once again i'm sorry i don't know what else to say other than i'm very sorry.

Old 09-21-2008, 08:23 PM   #62
jpccusa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmysan00 View Post
I got so caught up in wanted to be accepted by the cs community that i lost sight of the purpose of this forum. It's not a popularity contest or how many posts you have or how many rep power points you've got. And i thought that's what it was all about, but now i know that's not true. I see people who get a lot of respect at CS that don't have over 1,000 posts or over 300 rep points.
What made you all of a sudden realize that? People are trying to accept you and defend you on occasions, but still, you kept going? Why now things are different?
Let me also give you a heads up - you are going to face much more skepticism now. It's going to be a hard journey for you until you earn people's trust again.

Old 09-21-2008, 08:24 PM   #63
Jimmysan00
I once heard this, and i think it's the best way to say it...you make mistakes, and get knocked down. But that's not what matters. It's how you get back up and what you learned from getting knocked down. Dean i just read your PM and i forgot to ask you to please delete the snakeseyes0822 account, i won't be needing two accounts anymore. And i'm sorry and i am just amazed! I feel as if the members have taken me in more since this was brought up, if that makes sense. People are still being honest, and nice at the same time along with mature. I thank you for your compassion and maturity. I most of you for having class, top notch, and I owe you all more than what i have been putting out.

Old 09-21-2008, 08:24 PM   #64
Nanci
James, whatever- I don't care. Make things right. Turn over a new leaf. Just quit fence fighting with Jay- you won't win and it's costing you respect. May as well take on Roy Munson.

Old 09-21-2008, 08:35 PM   #65
Jimmysan00
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpccusa View Post
What made you all of a sudden realize that? People are trying to accept you and defend you on occasions, but still, you kept going? Why now things are different?
Let me also give you a heads up - you are going to face much more skepticism now. It's going to be a hard journey for you until you earn people's trust again.
You are 100% right, i know it's a tough jorney, but i made it tough on myself, didn't even think i was gonna get caught. And honestly i dunno if i would have stopped if i had not been caught, so i'm glad i did, because it was becoming a hassle to be two people. I understand some people won't give me a second chance, and some will. Some members will forgive and forget and others won't. Some people will hold a grudge and keep bringing up the past. I'm ok with all of it. I know i can change the opinions of a lot of people and if i can't change a few i don't care. Because it's not a popularity contest, and i don't need everyones approvals. All i have to do is keep it simple and post questions if i have some, or read posts and do research. I don't need to answer things or answer to anyone. I can shutup/ sitdown/ and color till i gain respect. I know it's not given easily and i need to make things right. God makes things happen for a reason, i'll find out that reason by the end of this jorney. Another thing because i know people will read my replies, if you don't have any constructive criticism than keep it to yourself! Thanks

Old 09-21-2008, 08:38 PM   #66
Jimmysan00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
James, whatever- I don't care. Make things right. Turn over a new leaf. Just quit fence fighting with Jay- you won't win and it's costing you respect. May as well take on Roy Munson.
Nanci I thank you for the for words of wisdom, but I did stop, didn't say a word to him, and then he had to put in his two cents, so i respectfully asked him to stop. I know i messed up but that doesn't give him or anyone else the right to talk to me like he does or treat me the way he does. If you don't have anything nice to say than don't say it, that's the way most kids are raised. It may be costing me respect, but at the same time i know a lot of members agree with me that he's hot headed so i am happy to stop, and have been trying. But this little High School pokes in the back are getting really annoying.

Old 09-21-2008, 08:43 PM   #67
Roy Munson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmysan00 View Post
Another thing because i know people will read my replies, if you don't have any constructive criticism than keep it to yourself! Thanks
Ouch! You were doing great until you got to this point. By posting in an open discussion forum, you open yourself up to any comments that don't violate site rules. Except under limited circumstances in private forums, one member can't dictate that replies follow a certain style or type in any thread, even one started by that member.

I just wanted to clarify that.

Old 09-21-2008, 08:46 PM   #68
Jimmysan00
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBoz View Post
Jimmy, Dean is right. There are much worse crimes one could commit than lying on a public forum. I'll confess to you that I did it for years. I've been on a parenting forum for 7 years. I knocked 4 years off my age. Why? Because I felt like the grandparent of the group. So almost five years ago when they were all wishing me a happy 40th, I was mortified. I confessed on my own birthday thread. I got lots of laughter at my own expense, I cringed through it and apologized and explained myself....and you know what? I'm still a member of that group and they still love and accept me, even at my advanced age.

Point being...again as Dean mentioned, this doesn't have to be the end of the road. You've contradicted yourself a few times by saying in your intro that this is your first snake, then later saying you've owned many snakes but this is your first corn, etc....c'mon. The gig's up. There is absolutely nothing wrong with being a newbie! I personally enjoy going back to the beginning of my short membership and realizing that "hey, you're really starting to catch on to this stuff!" as well as realizing the cyberfriendships I've made in such a short time. This forum has so many wonderful people from across the globe, each with their own experiences to share. You didn't have to come here and try to impress them, they would have welcomed you just as you were if you'd been honest.

I know I'll give you another shot. I was disappointed, but we're all human, and I think we all have that internal desire to belong.

So what I want to know, how old are you REALLY? I'm 44, HONEST!!

Is this your first snake?

Did you create this secondary account on your own?

Just come clean and let's move on, whaddya say?

I am honestly 20 years old, just turned 20 in August.
This is my first corn snake, not my first snake. I've had multiple Garter Snakes from the wild.
I had my sister create an account, and then i used it. So yes i pretty much made another account, same difference. I used the second account. I like your gameplan Lori, and i let you a message, look in you user cp. I'd also like to apologize for all of you like lori that gave me kindness and i took advantage of it. Sorry... It was a mistake. I apologize!

Old 09-21-2008, 08:49 PM   #69
Jimmysan00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Munson View Post
Ouch! You were doing great until you got to this point. By posting in an open discussion forum, you open yourself up to any comments that don't violate site rules. Except under limited circumstances in private forums, one member can't dictate that replies follow a certain style or type in any thread, even one started by that member.

Roger that Dean! I guess all i can do is take my licks. I was just under the impression that there were rules about harassment and things of that such nature. But after reading your reply all i can say is Bring it on, and i will have to take it. I'm the freshman on the football team that has to take his beatings. Can i also add i hope to grow up to be half the man you are dean. I don't know too many people that would have reacted like you. If some of these other members were in your position i know for a fact i'd be block, booted, and deleted no questions asked.

Old 09-21-2008, 08:55 PM   #70
susang
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
He may yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Munson View Post

He might have here.

Jimmy I think I lost lots of respect for you just starting this thread, although I said it wasn't a waste of space. How presumptuous to come on a very established forum and compile a list of threads for newbies. Reading the stickies would have told you that it had already been done. My 'constructive criticism' for you at least you brought a lot of attention to yourself.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google