CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

New Member Introductions Getting more and more new members here, so I think we need a forum for them to introduce themselves. You old timers can do the same, if you would like.

Back from the brink

Old 10-25-2008, 10:11 AM   #41
measley
nice work Robbie! and D80- LOL! what an awesome picture!

Old 10-25-2008, 11:23 AM   #42
Roy Munson
I dunno...

Yeah, the kid exaggerated his "credentials", and his posting style has been defensive, and sometimes hostile. BUT, I'm not willing to write him off as a troll, or at least not a pure troll anyway. He's a kid who obviously knows SOMETHING about snakes, and he's a little too proud and confident in what he's learned. He seems to desperately want to prove that as an amateur herper he's at least in the same league as his elders around here. A pure troll would only be here to waste our time and cause disruption. If the kid has done that, I think he did so inadvertently (for the most part).

I'm the mod who gave him that 30-day suspension. That's a harsh penalty for a first-time offense, so don't think I'm siding with the kid or asking for special treatment for him.
----------------------------------------------------------

Snakemaster24:

I have some advice for you, and I hope you take it if you decide you want to be a constructive and respected member here:

1. Be yourself. We have some REAL experts here (and no, I'm not in that number). There's no need to inflate your credentials or accomplishments. Let your knowledge stand for itself.

2. Remember that this is a discussion board, not an argument board. You should avoid posting your comments as if you are "schooling" other members. It's a simple fact that people don't always respond well to being lectured, particularly by children. If you feel that someone is wrong, or that their assessment of your opinions is inaccurate, discuss it civilly.

3. Read the rules that are stickied in the "New Member" forum. If you follow them, you should be able to stay out of trouble. One of the most important rules is the one against inflammatory posting. There are real gray areas to this, and if we enforced the rule as strongly as possible, this place would have few un-banned members left. But generally, if you post as if you were having a discussion with a respected friend, you should be ok.

As Pootie Tang's father used to tell him: "You have to have respect to get respect, Pootie Tang!"

Good luck.

Old 10-25-2008, 11:41 AM   #43
airenlow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Munson View Post
As Pootie Tang's father used to tell him: "You have to have respect to get respect, Pootie Tang!"
Terrible movie!

Old 10-25-2008, 12:02 PM   #44
Roy Munson
Quote:
Originally Posted by airenlow View Post
Terrible movie!
Great movie! Sa da tay!

Old 10-25-2008, 01:10 PM   #45
Saffleur
Quote:
Originally Posted by airenlow View Post
Terrible movie!
-looks for my belt with which to get all pootie-fu on you-

Old 10-25-2008, 09:33 PM   #46
airenlow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Munson View Post
Great movie! Sa da tay!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saffleur View Post
It probably doesn't help that I was only like 15 or 16 when it came out. Don't Be a Menace is still my favorite ghetto movie of all time!

"And that's what God expects from His sheep, here at the Greater Ebenezer New Revival Tree of Life Institutional Double Rock on the Side of the Road to Jericho Missionary Baptist Church of Zion"

Old 10-26-2008, 12:34 PM   #47
Jay@PJCReptiles
"Pootie Tang in Sine Your Pitty on the Runny Kine."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Munson
Great movie! Sa da tay!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saffleur

Quote:
Originally Posted by airenlow
Terrible movie!
"See, my damie, Pootie Tang don't wa-da-tah to the shama cow... 'cause thats a cama cama leepa-chaiii, dig?"

Jay

Old 10-26-2008, 04:45 PM   #48
snakemom1961
I apparently missed all of his other posts. All I know is he was hardly given the chance to show he'd changed before others jumped all over him and probably made him feel he had to defend hisself.
Sure he may have lied about his credentials at the zoo, but he is 14 and probably wanted to try and fit in a bit better. I'd be willing to give him a chance and hope he does become a decent member of the forum

Old 10-26-2008, 04:52 PM   #49
LBoz
Snakemom, young David did actually post an apology here:
http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/sho...t=74843&page=9

I'd also like to see him start over. Dean posted the very easy rules to being a respected member on the above thread, I think on page 8. I'm hoping David will come back again and be a part of the forum. The young people of today are our future herp experts of tomorrow!

Old 10-26-2008, 06:21 PM   #50
Drizzt80
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakemom1961 View Post
All I know is he was hardly given the chance to show he'd changed before others jumped all over him and probably made him feel he had to defend hisself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBoz View Post
I'd also like to see him start over. Dean posted the very easy rules to being a respected member on the above thread, I think on page 8. I'm hoping David will come back again and be a part of the forum.
The young "mans" behavior upon returning from his involuntary vacation was not any different than when he left. Almost word for word many of the same statements were made before and after. Good luck to him, he's had two chances already.

D80

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google