CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

New Member Introductions Getting more and more new members here, so I think we need a forum for them to introduce themselves. You old timers can do the same, if you would like.

Newbie-ess & problem

Old 04-13-2010, 10:59 AM   #131
Jadie.Glitch
More than likely the little one in the first picture just couldn't finish swallowing and they had been stuck like that for some time. If the snake inside were alive then the one swallowing wouldn't be that calm. They'd still be struggling.

Also, more than likely, since he couldn't finish swallowing the other snake, he regurged it later so it was a complete waste. Plus, it would be pretty traumatic and probably very painful for the snake that is alive to have another snake pulled out of it.

It seems like you just want to fight... why is that? Have we offended you in some way? Maybe I should re-read this thread...

Old 04-13-2010, 11:08 AM   #132
Nanci
I was at my water garden the other day. One of the fish had an anole sticking out of his mouth. I took it away, but it was dead. I had hoped I could save it. I guess it would have had to have just happened...Then I felt bad for taking away the fish's dinner, too.

Old 04-13-2010, 01:15 PM   #133
PJ@PJCReptiles
I am not so sure I could actually "pull" one of those hatchlings out of the mouth of the other at that point of "swallow". I have seen a young corn "eating" the head of another corn in its deli cup at a reptile expo and that those two were able to be "saved". I think once that snake is down to that point, the owner has come in way too late to save at least the one being swallowed.

Pictures do help us to see the tragic events that can happen in the world. Ever see a defensive driving course video? It's called shock factor for a reason.

Just my two cents.

Old 04-13-2010, 03:35 PM   #134
snakewispera snr
Quote:
Originally Posted by toad772 View Post
obviously someone had to be there to take the picture and they where not fully swallowed so there would be a chance it was still alive and don't give me that mini mod crap "your next vacation may be permanent."
When they are down that far, they have probably suffocated...
And to try and get it back out will probably kill the diner.
As for the mini mod quip..... They are probably right....

Old 04-13-2010, 04:16 PM   #135
Tara80
LOL, I love how this thread was resurrected.

I also love how pictures come with it now! We need more pictures, pictures of ghost CSI wisperering in action, pictures of you eating your radioactive meat Susang and anything else fantastic that would make my day go by quicker.

Old 04-13-2010, 04:17 PM   #136
Shiari
In addition to have likely already suffocated, the stomach acid would like have damaged their eyes and lungs to the point of fatality anyways.

Old 04-13-2010, 04:29 PM   #137
Tara80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiari View Post
In addition to have likely already suffocated, the stomach acid would like have damaged their eyes and lungs to the point of fatality anyways.
Aye, it seemed pretty clear to me as well, that by the time the pictures were taken- those little eaten snakies were already goners. It's pretty obvious that a snake eating another snake the same size would have trouble fitting the entire thing in its' stomach- which, as you can see with the Amel: he tried REALLY hard, to the point of where you can even see the outline of the dead snakes head protruding from the belly.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google