• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Elahpe guttata emoryi pic

bc_reptiles

Breeders and Outfitters
This is the newest member of my family. She is a little emoryi rat snake. She was caught last September north of Chalk Mountain, TX. This little girl eats like there is no tomorrow (she eats better than most of my CB E. g. guttata).

Thanks,
Brian Miller
BC Reptiles

PS - Before you ask, this is the only wild caught Elaphe in my collection. I really don't like wild caught, but I needed this girl for some new blood for one of my breeding projects.

Attachments

• emoryi2.jpg
    emoryi2.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 184
Close up

Here is a close up of her head.

I just got my Nikon Coolpix 4500 a week ago, so I am still playing with it...Hint, maybe more pics to come!

Brian Miller
BC Reptiles

Attachments

• emoryi3.jpg
    emoryi3.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 181
i have a nikon 4500 also- only my photos, for some reason, don't turn out as nice as yours. I was wondering - what accesories did u buy for hte camera, and what did u put the settings at on the camera. I really appreciate this. thnx in advance

Settings...

I use the Programmed Auto mode, the shot settings on macro (for the close up head shot, make sure the flower is yellow or they won't come out). The biggest pic size and normal picture quality...basically point and shoot.

I think I am still getting the feel for this camera...If you ask me, I think these shots are not that great, but I'm just practicing...I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and gosh darnet, I will take good pictures.

Oh, by the way, I use the camera to shrink them down to 640x380 before I put them on my computer (the camera seems to do a better job than the software).

Brian Miller
BC Reptiles

Yup, she's a beautie!
But now I just HAVE to show mine off!
:)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 108
WOW...

That little emoryi is a long way from home, all the way in Africa!

I just love emoryi. They're not as colorful as corns, but there is just something about them.

Thanks for the pic,
Brian Miller
BC Reptiles

LOL! Yup, long way from home!

I've got 2 emoryi's actually. My first snakes. A friend here had 2 and said they are good "beginner snakes" (eat well etc). I am 'supposed' to have a male and a female (we will see). Then I got a baby corn too.

My emoryi's don't like to be held that much but usually settle down if I persist. I am hoping they will chill once they are older.
They are a bit inconsistant with their feeding these days as well but they seem ok.

Have you got other emoryi's and what can you tell me about their personalities?

Good luck with yours!

Kimber

Last edited:
Their behavior in captivity is very similar to corns. I take care of them and handle them just like corns...I haven't really seen any difference.

When you come across them in the wild, they are inclined to bite if you pick them up. I'm not sure if corns are the same way in the wild, I have never picked up a wild corn (we only have emoryi around here).

Brian Miller
BC Reptiles

Back