CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Feeders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Feeders Any and all issues about raising rats, mice, or anything else that you feed your cornsnakes.

Euthanization -- A New Method

Old 05-03-2009, 10:39 PM   #11
wade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoebeq View Post
Hey Wade, my hubby is part of a gun forum and would like to post your work over there...would that be a problem for you? He just wants to share your concern for well being of feeder mice
Sure share my pictures. The world should know. Lori said she couldn't see my pics, are they ok now?

Old 05-03-2009, 10:49 PM   #12
medusacoils
I actually have some questions, though!

Are you using lead shot and if so, what long term effects do you think that will have on your snakes?

After shooting, do you have enough of the mice left over to feed a complete meal or are you rebuilding the feeders, from body parts of multiple mice and hoping you have enough?

Are you sure all of the shot is passing completely through the animal?

Is your back stop adequate?

How often do you have to replace the box?

Are you sure you are going to have an ample supply of shot gun rounds to sufficiently euthanize all your rodents, long term? (National Ammunition Shortage because of fears that the Obama Administration is going to take our guns away!)

Thanks for your time,

Wayne

Old 05-04-2009, 02:14 AM   #13
angelboa
wow that cracks me up!!!

Old 05-04-2009, 02:53 AM   #14
midnightgallop
LOL That's great. Thanks for making me giggle, Wade

Quote:
Originally Posted by medusacoils View Post

Are you using lead shot and if so, what long term effects do you think that will have on your snakes?

After shooting, do you have enough of the mice left over to feed a complete meal or are you rebuilding the feeders, from body parts of multiple mice and hoping you have enough?

Are you sure you are going to have an ample supply of shot gun rounds to sufficiently euthanize all your rodents, long term? (National Ammunition Shortage because of fears that the Obama Administration is going to take our guns away!)

Thanks for your time,

Wayne
Lmao

Old 05-04-2009, 09:17 AM   #15
Buzzard
LMAO, That is freaking Awesome Wade....

Old 05-04-2009, 09:22 AM   #16
medusacoils
Quote:
Originally Posted by medusacoils View Post

Thanks for your time,

Wayne
More questions that I have to ask!

Are you properly licensed to shoot the species of animal you are "??Hunting??"

Oh and is there a bag limit?

I actually wasn't aware of a "Speedy Gonzalez" hunting season!

Wayne

Old 05-04-2009, 09:27 AM   #17
CrousesCorns
I nominate this for "The Best Post OF THE YEAR!"
Wade thanks for this post it is truely one of the best and well thought out ones I have seen in some time. All so thanks for picking a male mouse it adds alot to the picture. LMAO!!!
P.S. I would give you some points but it seems I have to spread some around first.

Old 05-04-2009, 12:04 PM   #18
wade
OK, I fixed the damn photos.

Old 05-04-2009, 12:33 PM   #19
KJUN
That sounds like lead shot you are using, and high lead titers in the blood of reptiles has been shown to reduce fecundity. This is irresponsible, wade. You should only be using steel, bismuth, Hevi-Shot, or other nontoxic shot to euthanize mice that might get utilized later as snake food.

Old 05-04-2009, 12:41 PM   #20
wade
Actually you all have assumed that this method was to procure snake sustenance. That is something I have not stated. At this point my goal was only to get the mouse dead.

So to help stave off any problems I will add an addendum. If the remains of the mouse are to be consumed by any living animal I would recommend that you use frozen filtered water pellets in lieu of any other projectile. Further, I would recommend that the plastic wad be replaced by recycled paper wads.

Always wear Hearing and Eye protection when firing any type of firearm.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google