CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

WOOOT BARRACK OBAMA

Old 11-05-2008, 07:22 PM   #61
ForkedTung
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbdorfer View Post
I tried, really tried, but there will be no WOOOT from me.
Allow me in your stead: WOOT!

Old 11-05-2008, 07:26 PM   #62
dwyn127
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghosthousecorns View Post
Well, it is over and like him or not he is our new pres. I had hoped those who voted against him could be as gracious about the defeat as McCain was in his concession speech, but I guess that is asking too much.
Congratulations to Mr Obama. My thoughts and prayers will be with you over the next 4 years that you will make decisions that will be in the best interest of the American people.

How's that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HanneysCorn View Post
Internationally, the U.S. has taken a huge step towards gaining more respect and assuring the world that democracy does work. Our neighbours to the south have chosen a new leader; there are many folk in peace loving nations around the world that will now sleep much better at night knowing we won't be called upon to engage ourselves in combat to support our ally simply to satisfy the 'whims' of self serving politicians south of the border.
Hopefully our 'friends' to the middle east will see it the same way.

Old 11-05-2008, 08:41 PM   #63
chemical69
aa

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzgeek View Post
Twenty-five years ago, Eddie Murphy proposed a theory about this.

(Warning: Not suitable for work or children!)

Dale
u know its wierd but Tupac mentioned it in his song "changes," and chris rock made a movie about it

Old 11-05-2008, 08:43 PM   #64
chemical69
and we all know barrack favorite quote is "its time for a change"

Old 11-05-2008, 08:45 PM   #65
chemical69
EVERYONE CHECK THIS OUT http://sendables.jibjab.com/sendable...n#/teaser/1191
THIS WAS B4 HE WAS ELECTED AND IM SURE THEYRE MAKIN ANOTHER ONE FOR WHEN HE WON

Old 11-05-2008, 11:44 PM   #66
chemical69
and u know dis man

Old 11-06-2008, 12:46 AM   #67
TandJ
Nova C mentioned..

Quote:
People like to talk a big game, but has anyone ever actually left the country solely because their political party didn't win an election
Indirectly yes.. I was in Canada before the election of 2004 .. If John Kerry would have been elected, I was going to surrender my Green Card and find a way to move the last two members ( who are US Citizens ) up to Canada.. Fortunantly for my family, Bush won the election in 2004, although these last few years GWB has been nothing short of lack lustre.

Obama does not worry me much... I just hope he learned some lessons from JFK and Ronald Regan, as I fear we are going to have a test within the next year.. I hope I am wrong, but it seems likely we are going to have to be on the defense..

Please feel free to reach out and bash the crap out what I had to say.. As someone has pointed out in the past, my ability to articulate myself in words, is painfully weak, its a good thing I only have a Gr 9 education and some Trades school, or I might have taken that as a slap in the face insult when it was brought to my attention...

Oh well, what will be will be..

Regards.. Tim of T and J

Old 11-06-2008, 01:03 AM   #68
tom e
After Action Review..

Does anyone think McCain would have done much better if he had worked harder at throwing Bush under the bus so to speak? I feel bad (and that's not false actually) about the state of the Republican party after Bush.. I know there's a good chance that Republicans would've been angry about that if he had, but I think he really let Obama have his way with him on tying him to Bush.. And I actually don't see McCain that way at all.
I saw Steve Forbes talking about the party on the Daily show and he said something that struck me.. The Republican party has been "more into the patronage than the principles" lately.. I will admit that I think a true conservative bashing some of Bush's spending would have done much better this time.

Old 11-06-2008, 01:12 AM   #69
TandJ
AAR.... Your true grunt tom e..

What was the possible out come if Obama had Billary running with him?

What would the outcome have been if Sarah was not running with McCain?

Are we dealing with Demicans and Republicrats?

Regards.. Tim of T and J

Old 11-06-2008, 01:23 AM   #70
tom e
Quote:
Originally Posted by TandJ View Post
AAR.... Your true grunt tom e..

What was the possible out come if Obama had Billary running with him?

What would the outcome have been if Sarah was not running with McCain?

Are we dealing with Demicans and Republicrats?

Regards.. Tim of T and J
These are just my opinions..

1. I think Obama would've had a harder sell to those undecided voters with Hillary in tow. The Clintons are great with most Dems, but he was already going to have them IMO.

2. I think Palin was a bad choice, 'you betcha.' But this election feels like a referendum against Bush most of all. Even what people didn't like about Sarah-cuda was all the stuff that smacked of George W Bush.

3. Yeah in a way. The more evenly divided the country is, the more they have to appeal to those few in betweens.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google